Where to go with short time?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by LONE STAR, Jun 11, 2008.

1. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Good Afternoon everyone, I need some help. I have a buddy that I would like to take this Friday night for some catfishing, the only problem is I'm looking for a place around the Jacksonville area. I don't want to have to drive too far, have a big day planned Saturday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    there are some cats in new river go up river past the houses fish the holes or the trent river straight up 17 has some hope this helps

3. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    What houses are you talking about and where do you launch out at? And thanks again for the info.

4. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    launch at new river bridge in jacksonville just off 17 looking at the water from the ramp go under bridge to your rightpast the island keepit on your right side then follow the river you will come to a large house on your left pass all of these then watch the depth finder 4 deeper holes

5. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    THANKS A LOT BROTHER LOOKS LIKE I'M GONNA TRY TO GET OUT TOMORROW IF ALL GOES WELL!!:smile2: OH ONE MORE THING WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR BAIT?

6. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Well I gave it as try out on new river and got smoked.:sad2: I used everything i had from liver to whole perch to include cut perch. They just weren't biting. The water was a little to salty does that play a factor?