Where to go Snagging Truman, LOZ!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by streamer78, Apr 12, 2008.

1. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm debating on where to go snagging Sunday 4-13. I'd like to go to Taberville on the upper Osage as its the closest for me, but affraid the water will be to high to get the boat in! Anyone know if the parking lot at the boat ramp in Taberville is underwater? Haven't heard any good reports up that way, but with all the water flow we've had, they should be up there?! Also thought about going to Osceola, or even over to warsaw! Any suggestions!

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    let us know how you do when you go

3. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ended up going down to the Neosho above Grand lake. Caught 4 spoonbill 20-35lbs, the largest was a female that had already dropped her eggs. The Neosho had just started to fall at twin bridges where we launched. Taberville's boat ramp and parking lot were under water acording to the crew at Dains Bait shop so thats why we headed to Grand lake.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    A coworker of mine took him son up somewhere on Truman this past weekend to turkey hunt and said that there were a couple guys at the campsite they were in that had several big spoonbill. I'm not sure exactly where they stayed at though.

I'm thinking about running down to Tablerock and snagging right below the Lake Springfield Dam and not even bring the boat. That seems to be about the best spot from what I can tell and you just fish it from the bank.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I drove over to look at the Sac river access on hwy. 82 Saturday. The river was bank full and within 2 feet of the top of the boat ramp and a lot of trash was flowing down river. We turned around and came back home to below the dam.

Try below the dam around the 84-85 MM....:wink:

6. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    2 weekends ago was excellent around the 65 hwy bridge on loz. all the way down past the oar house there were fish tied on most every boat. we also did good.

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Did you get any bigguns Troy? I wanted to come up for the Snagmasters tourney this weekend, but everybody backed out on me so I changed plans and am hopefully heading down to Tablerock instead.

I seen on the Oar House website that just a hair shy of 80 lbs won the tournament on the 5th and that somebody who wasn't entered landed a 90 that same day.

8. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    that 90 was us. my buddie caught it right in front of the oar house. last fish of the weekend. every one else had reeled in to be done for the weekend.

9. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Man that was a big ol fish!

I wish fuel wasn't so dang much I wanna fish up there so bad this Saturday, but with the other guys backing out it would cost me who knows how much going up there and back.

Congrats on your fish! I'd love to haul one in like that one of these days. :big_smile:

10. ccso639

ccso639 New Member

State:
    Cass Couty, MO
    Well boys, I'm on my way down to Warsaw for yet another round of ripping. Taking a couple of rookies so this could be a great/interesting day. If anyone is on the water we will be in the red, Lowe Stinger around the 85MM. I will give report when I get back home this evening. Kyle:big_smile:

11. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck man! Keep us posted. Chris

12. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ended up doing OK down on the Neosho above grand! Boated 7 fish between 4 people in 4hrs. They ranged from 25-51lbs. We lost two others, one got off at the side of the boat, the other broke 65lb power pro so it was probably a good one. The guy snagging must of bumped the drag up on the spinreel, that one has a finicky drag system on it. Over all it was a good day. Nobody catches the size of fish down there that I'm used to catching on truman and loz though. So far the cleaning station down there has cleaned 3600 spoonbill this year and they have a board up there with the top 10 big fish weighed there. All the top 10 ranged from 55-77lbs. Guess I should've taken the 65lber I caught 2 weeks ago in to get on the board, but I let her go. I'm used to not considering a spoonbill big unless its 80lbs plus!