Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my boy snaggin' this saturday , i was thinking about ft gibson, below the dam or kaw below the dam.

Gibson dos not seem to be letting out water ...and i have never been above the lake....

Kaw seemed a little slow..I think the runs are about over. Am i wrong?

I am open to any suggestions...

·
Registered
260 Posts
The OK. Do WC latest report stated that Fort Gibson Lake was 9 feet above normal. Matt reported that 9 gates are open at Disney and the Park is closed below the dam. The dam at Hudson Lake has 3 gates open. Hope this helps. I am sure more OK. fishermen will jump in and help you out. Good Luck

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
never been to grand .. is it good for spoon bills and do you have to have a trout license..? i would be below the dam it looks like there are 2 sections below that dam from the ariel map

·
Registered
723 Posts
there is 2 small gates, which aren't that small but they call them the small gates and they are little blue and east or big blue, they join eachother and bypass the the pensacola dam (big one) and run into the river that they generate w/ a slough at almost the mouth of the river, then after a mile they all three join together and run into hudson

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the upper end of some of them rivers you needed one,
rivers that feed the lakes.
different regs in different areas

better safe than sorry ...I just never fished that far north in Ok.

·
Gathering Monitor (Instigator)
3,288 Posts
Jeff, head to Kerr dam. It is the dam for lake Hudson. If you go into Locust Grove, then travel North about 2 miles on the highway you will come to a small blue sign pointing west that says Kerr Dam. Take that road about 2 miles and watch for the sign on the right for the dam. Lots of spoonbill being pulled out. Last night it seemed the further from the dam, the better chance at snagging one.

Kinda interesting. 3 gates were letting out water full blast, and 1 was partially opened. However, the water near shore was flowing back towards the dam.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just got back,, kaw was not generating
we tried for everything no luck ..verry shallow could walk from one side to the other across the rocks

went to gibson ,, generating lots and then opened 4 gates hit a fey spoons lost them
seen a few caught 8 or so then nothing after about 2pm
tried for sandies and cats but nothing

The spoons caught were small males 15-25 lbs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.