? where to go snaggin' this saturday

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by swampratt, Apr 11, 2008.

1. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I am taking my boy snaggin' this saturday , i was thinking about ft gibson, below the dam or kaw below the dam.

Gibson dos not seem to be letting out water ...and i have never been above the lake....

Kaw seemed a little slow..I think the runs are about over. Am i wrong?

I am open to any suggestions...

2. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The OK. Do WC latest report stated that Fort Gibson Lake was 9 feet above normal. Matt reported that 9 gates are open at Disney and the Park is closed below the dam. The dam at Hudson Lake has 3 gates open. Hope this helps. I am sure more OK. fishermen will jump in and help you out. Good Luck

3. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah grand is at 751 and will crest at 752 by sunday morning with full generation and 11 small gates open, hudson is at 632 predicted to crest at 633 with 3 gates open at 20ft as far as 10:30 this morning

4. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    never been to grand .. is it good for spoon bills and do you have to have a trout license..? i would be below the dam it looks like there are 2 sections below that dam from the ariel map

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck on your trip hope ya get a bunch

6. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    there is 2 small gates, which aren't that small but they call them the small gates and they are little blue and east or big blue, they join eachother and bypass the the pensacola dam (big one) and run into the river that they generate w/ a slough at almost the mouth of the river, then after a mile they all three join together and run into hudson

7. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    oh and you do not need a trout liscence, i'm not sure what you were refferring to about that.

8. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I thought the upper end of some of them rivers you needed one,
    rivers that feed the lakes.
    different regs in different areas

better safe than sorry ...I just never fished that far north in Ok.

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Jeff, head to Kerr dam. It is the dam for lake Hudson. If you go into Locust Grove, then travel North about 2 miles on the highway you will come to a small blue sign pointing west that says Kerr Dam. Take that road about 2 miles and watch for the sign on the right for the dam. Lots of spoonbill being pulled out. Last night it seemed the further from the dam, the better chance at snagging one.

Kinda interesting. 3 gates were letting out water full blast, and 1 was partially opened. However, the water near shore was flowing back towards the dam.

10. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    just got back,, kaw was not generating
    we tried for everything no luck ..verry shallow could walk from one side to the other across the rocks

went to gibson ,, generating lots and then opened 4 gates hit a fey spoons lost them
    seen a few caught 8 or so then nothing after about 2pm
    tried for sandies and cats but nothing

The spoons caught were small males 15-25 lbs