Where to go on the Cumberland River?

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Dropoff, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Dropoff

Dropoff New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am new at catfishing wondering were to go on the cumberland to have any luck.

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What part of the Cumberland? Boat or bank?

3. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Trevor, Where on the Cumberland are you located. Some of the places that Whistler (Bryan Shrum) and me fish is the TVA Steam Plant at Cumberland City and from Lock B to Cheatman Dam. If you got a boat just look for structure and fish above it. If you don't have a boat, bank fish can be good at Steam Plant, Lock B, Cheatman Dam, infact any place that you can get access to the river.

4. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    me an trevor fish the lock 5 area galitan area lebanon area

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Like kitty catcher said if you are in a boat your good to go, its a great stretch of river, if you are bank fishing try to get on the outside of a bend or a head of a bluff. I am having a harder time catching bait than I am cats right now.

6. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    im wondering if gizzard shad will do the trick so there are blues up river where im at is there a good population or are they thin

7. Dropoff

Dropoff New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am located near lock 5 area in wilson county i have been told the gallatin steam plant area holds good blues in some areas

8. Wade Patton

Wade Patton New Member

State:
    Woodbury, TN
    I would save the steam plant for cool weather, but then I'm not a Cumberland fisher yet.

9. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't know what to tell you about the gallatin area, I have fished it a couple of times but haven't had a ton of luck but I have also heard of a few decent blues around there. Time on water will bring you what you want.

10. Peanut ridge Kid

Peanut ridge Kid New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    All along the cumberland is good fishing, but if your a bank fisherman then Lock c is for you, easy access and great shad there. I use Gizzard shad everytime and 90% of the time I get 5 to 12 pounders when i go. I got a big one on the 4th of July, we don't have a scale but it's the biggest one i have ever caught. It was on cut bait, but gizzard shad is the best. If you can keep them from the drum.:smile2:

11. elouks6604

elouks6604 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just got stationed at ft campbell. can anyone give me directions from 41a to lock c? thanks

12. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Take 79 South toward Dover Tennessee and you'll go under a bridge, and there will be constuction, bear left onto the old road and go about four miles to Lylewood road,{There's a store there called CK outfitter's} turn left onto lywood road, and go about ten miles, to a three way stop turn left and go about four mile the road will curve to the right and the river will be on your left, Turn left onto gravel road and you are there. You can also go to mapquest and print out a map to carry with you, I wish you luck on your fishing and hope you get a bigun, Welcome to the area,

13. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Had to correct my mistake,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

14. elouks6604

elouks6604 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks canepole.
    I went there this morning lock c and all I caught were some drum. I used shad, nightcrawlers and liver but they just weren't hungrey.:sad2: I plan on going again sunday but was curious what is the best times there?

15. Peanut ridge Kid

Peanut ridge Kid New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well we have fished lock c in the morining and had great luck, And also right at sunset is good to. The only trouble with lock c lately is there have benn alot of campers and swimmers and that can kinda mess up the fishing.:sad2:
    But try morning and try fishing off the ends of the lock.

16. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    well hun if you go around the fort bragg fayetteville area go to arnet park good area good big catfish. i went the first time out and caught a 20lb cat the one in the picture. good area. if you need directions let me know

17. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    ok dont i feel stupid i posted this in the wrong one sorry guys i know this is tenn not nc i went to hit another one but not paying attention

18. AL1975

AL1975 New Member

State:
    White Bluff, TN
    How do I get to Lock C from White Bluff?

19. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Gonna be quite a drive from White Bluff to Lock C. You'd have to come to Charlotte and take 48 toward Clarksville. Follow it all the way into town. Turn left on Riverside Dr(where Garry Matthews Chrysler Dealer is). Take Riverside for about 2 miles to hiway 41A and turn left. Follow 41A(I think it's also Fort Campbell Blvd) to the Hiway 79 split. Turn left onto hiway 79 west. Follow that about and I'm guessing, 12 miles or so to Lylewood Rd. Turn left on Lylewood and follow it about 5 miles or so til you come to a stop sign. Been awhile since I drove this, so hopefully it's the same. At the stop sign, turn left and follow that road till it takes a sharp bend to the right once it flattens out from the hills. There will be two dirt roads right after this turn on the left. Those two roads go down the hill to the lock. Hopefully this will get you there. Long drive from White Bluff, that's for sure.