Where to get terminal tackle?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jlingle, Mar 20, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've been reading on here about how you guys like to rig up and all the different methods that you use. My question is this: where in the heck do you find all of that tackle? I don't know of any place around here that sells hooks or weights as big as you guys are using. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jerrod

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Jerrod, if your not satisfied with what you can find at Bass Pro, Academy, or Wal-mart, you can always go on-line and order from Catfish Connection (a BOC sponsor), Carbela's, or other large sporting good chains throughout the country. Unless your fishing in the Arkansas or Red River (or one of its major tributaries) you probably would be commiting over-kill to use that tackle in Oklahoma. The smallest hook, the littlest sinker, and normal line can land just about anything we have...especially once you gain experience with the tackle of your choice. Tight Lines

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    One of our sponsors is Catfish Connection(link is on far right side of page) and they have great prices as well as fast shipping! Check them out.:)

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Catfish connection offers what alot of other retailers fail to offer and that is a large selection of terminal tackle for the catfisherman.
    Walmart and other box stores fail to stock the larger size hooks in a variety of hook styles.
    I've found it real hard to find hooks over an 8/0 virtually anywhere but Catfish Connection unless you get down around the coast and usually then it isnt a hook I want to use in fresh water.

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Catfish Connection is now going to be the only place that I get my catfish tackle from, apart from the occassional things that Wal Mart has and the rare bait shop. Its a great store and you can get just about anything you need from it. They have hooks from very small (panfish small) up through 12/0 on a normal hook thing. They have small and large weights, all sorts of line, rods, reels, nets. Everything you could possibly want (except the fish) you can find there.

:0a26: and please support the BOC :)

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeap Catfish Connection. :thumbsup:

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Great. I'll check them out. Thanks guys!

8. Weisscat

Weisscat New Member

State:
    Weiss Lake Alabama
    I've had great luck buying on ebay. However give yourself a safe two weeks before needing the tackle so it gets to ya :)

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    yep catfish connection is the place to go for what you need. even some of the bigger sporting goods stores in my area dont carry much for cat fishing.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have bought my terminal tackle from catfish connection for years, great prices and service.

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I agree with everyone! Catfish Connection is the "go to" place for your catfishing supplies. Just got an order in the mail the other day!

12. JimF

JimF New Member

State:
    IL
    I have found that eBay is hard to beat on hooks & sinkers, if you shop around.I just got some Eagle Claw live bait hooks for $1.00 a bag (12 hooks) Eagle Claw octopus hooks .75 cents a bag (12 hooks) No shipping cost added.Thats hard to beat.

13. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Catfish connection....or I guess Cabelas carrys pretty much everything as well. Prices are cheaper through Catfish Connection.

14. Riverjake

Riverjake New Member

State:
    Joplin MO
    Catfish Connection has just about anything needed for the catfisherman. Have been a customer for a few years, good prices, fast (very fast) shipping, and EXCELLENT customer service.

15. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    have to agree with the rest of the guys catfish connection is a great place to buy tackle and there prices are very reasonable.... i also hit walmart though cause they have some good prices on weights and gama circles...

Wouldn't use many of walmarts bait baits like rusty shad or what ever, they don't really seem to work

16. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    CATFISH CONNECTION

:thumbsup:

17. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I will have to agree with everyone elese catfish connection has just about every thing I need

18. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Catfish Connection.