The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone want to point me in the right direction to catch some skips?i live in topeka,ks about an hour west of KC.i'd like not to drive too darn far,but would like to go where they are abundant so the trip would be worth it.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
If there are any power plants nearby that have warm water discharges, that would be your best bet in wintertime.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Caleb--I didn't know we had skipjacks around here (but then again, I wouldn't know one if I saw it). There is a warm water discharge behind the Tecumseh power plant, which is about a mile east of the Oakland boat ramp on the Kaw. Let me know if you catch any.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark,im almost positive we dont have them here in topeka.im thinking im gonna have to drive somewhere further than KC to get em.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Can you have some shipped on dryice or something .I would like to order some fresh large myself if anyone does that.

·
Banned
11 Posts
i'm with gear. ship some of those down to NC, heard they are good bait. we do okay with bluegill and shad but can't hurt to try something new.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Would anyone want to point me in the right direction to catch some skips?i live in topeka,ks about an hour west of KC.i'd like not to drive too darn far,but would like to go where they are abundant so the trip would be worth it.
I'd like to know myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts