WHERE TO GET SKIPJACKS?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by mandingo, Feb 15, 2008.

1. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Would anyone want to point me in the right direction to catch some skips?i live in topeka,ks about an hour west of KC.i'd like not to drive too darn far,but would like to go where they are abundant so the trip would be worth it.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If there are any power plants nearby that have warm water discharges, that would be your best bet in wintertime.

3. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Caleb--I didn't know we had skipjacks around here (but then again, I wouldn't know one if I saw it). There is a warm water discharge behind the Tecumseh power plant, which is about a mile east of the Oakland boat ramp on the Kaw. Let me know if you catch any.

4. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Mark,im almost positive we dont have them here in topeka.im thinking im gonna have to drive somewhere further than KC to get em.

5. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Dont know about Kansas but here in St.louis you can get them below Alton dam in April-May.

6. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Can you have some shipped on dryice or something .I would like to order some fresh large myself if anyone does that.

7. lodge

lodge New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i'm with gear. ship some of those down to NC, heard they are good bait. we do okay with bluegill and shad but can't hurt to try something new.

8. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I'd like to know myself.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The skips are worth the drive, no matter where you have to go. Just check with the boys in area to be sure they are hitting good. Cumberland city was getting good on Thursday........last night we got a pretty big storm so I would guess they are not biting now.

10. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
  11. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!