Where to get Kahle Hooks

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Cut bait, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Where can I get big khale hooks?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

cabela's
    bass pro shops
    local bait stores
    catfish connection

3. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    catfishconnection.com has a good selection. You need to order enough to make it worth the shipping though. If you trust the sellars on E-bay, they always have cheap hooks. I would ask the members of the BOC who they trust on E-bay before I bought hooks on there though.

4. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I just bought 100 "big bend" hooks from cabelas for around $7.00 and they seem to be Kahle look alikes and work great. I used them this weekend in LOZ and missed few if any hits that I was prepared to react to but the biggest problem I had was getting the hook out of the fish. They were all hooked in the mouth (none swallowed) but I had to work with pliers to get the darn hooks out. Something about the bend in them that makes them a son of a gun to remove but I doubt you would have to worry about a fishing getting off once hooked. I'm going to order a hundred more in two or three different sizes I like them so well.

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Any Place Usually Carries Them

6. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    http://www.barlowstackle.com/ THey also have good prices on Do It Molds for you all that burn your own weights.. Some of the hooks, you can buy by the 1,000s.

7. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Thanks guys
    I'm looking for something in the 8 to 10 range so ill check a few places you mentioned.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I've been buying most of my terminal tackle from catfish connection. They sell the 8/0 black king kahle for $12.95 for a box of 50 hooks the 9/0's are $13.50 and the 10/0's are $13.95.

9. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    i depends on the size, my wal mart sells Gamakatsu Shiner hooks that are essentially Khales up to 5/0 you only get like 4 hooks but their like 3 bucks, so more expensive but their more conventient to buy. id go to bass pro or somewhere on line.