Where to get Jugline/TrotLine License?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Catfishin247, May 26, 2008.

1. Catfishin247

Catfishin247 New Member

State:
    sc
    I haven't got a clue on where to get these at. Is there someone I can send in for them? Local places only support regular Hunting/Fishing License. I have looked all over.

2. Catfishin247

Catfishin247 New Member

State:
    sc
    I went to http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/pdf/freshfishing.pdf and found that if only two Jugs are in use then no license is required, but is it legal to jug fish any of the pee dee river? I know trot lines are but Im not sure about jugs.

3. Hardluck

Hardluck New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The link you gave has all the info that you are looking for. Sorry but no you are not allowed to use Jugs on any river in SC. but I'm sure some people do. I see jugs all the time but they could be traps the end marker for a trotline or even just marking a spot. Here's the link to the application. Hope it helps you. http://www.dnr.sc.gov/licenses/images/03ad4144nongamefish.pdf

Jugs
    Description: A single hook and line attached to a free-floating device with a minimum capacity of one pint and a maximum of one gallon. May not have more than one line. Permits/Regulations: A permit is required to fish 3 to 5 0 jugs (50 jug limit). Licensee’s name and address must be clearly marked on each jug.
    A permit is not required for 2 jugs with a valid state fishing license. A jug permit is not required for residents assisting jug permits holders. Hours/Seasons: Must be removed from the water before one hour after official sunrise each day and not replaced prior to one hour before official sunset.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
  5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    John do you fish the Pee Dee and if so where?

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I occasionally see jugs here on our stretch of the river, but I assume they are jugs that got away from fishermen up river in NC where it IS legal. When I see one, I always want to pull it from the river like I do other floating, man made debris. However, just as soon as I touched one, the MAN would come around the bend in the river and swear I was fishin' with it and write me up!! :) I leave them alone.
    BB in SC

7. Catfishin247

Catfishin247 New Member

State:
    sc
    I still don't see anything about a trotline permit. Is this automatic as long as i have my valid fishing license or is there a special permit?

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    It should faal under the same catagory as setlines. I dont know cause I have never had any need for one.

9. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    You can get the trotline permit off the SC DNR website also. Click on purchase license and the list will come up to chose from.

10. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    you can send in an application or go to darlington and pick them up there

11. Catfishin247

Catfishin247 New Member

State:
    sc
    Im right around the bend from darlington what building are you talking about?

12. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    the dnr has a building right behind the farmers market, down there where the prison is.