Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm currently having trouble locating a place to but blood from, I live in north ga about 1hr1/2 north of atlanta but work at 285 and 400. I need to find a location to find and buy blood. A couple local places can get me some but not much a couple cups if that.

My second question is I've been working on putting a mixture together which is why I'm looking for the blood anyways. But I want to know about panty hose does the texture and the bait being inside of them lure catfish away from it. I'm working to make small balls of my mixture and put them in panty hose so when I go out I just grab one and hook it on and for jugging trips too. My mixture the way I plan on mixing it well not be sturdy enough to be hook on the hook by itself without the pantyhose. but is there anything else someone thinks would be better to put the mixture in beside pantyhose or is that my best bet. Even if I thicken the mixture enough to stay on the hook by itself I don't think it well hold on being thrown as far when I'm fishing the backsides on dams on the bank.

Does anyone have any luck useing bait inside of panyhose too.

Thanks ahead of time for any help you have.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the stuff out a while back, and I don't know there's just something about catching fish on something you made yourself you know. It's like all my trout flies I could have bought some but that's no fun, I had a good time learning to tie flies.

I guess still being young and dumb you do thing's like that lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I've done my fair share of chicken killing when I was a kid at my grandma's farm. We would hold a yearly get together and kill over 100 and clean them so she would have chicken's throughout the year. Boy that was fun.

The last 2 year's to pay for college I would catch chicken's at night and load them for Tyson. That was fun too and a good workout.

But a update a local shop is going to drop the blood for me they get out of the packs when they are doing cutting And said I should get a gallon on Thursday.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Cody...

Welcome to the forum... Have you looked in your Yellow Pages for a meat processing plant.

Do you plan on using it as a chum or dip bait? Let us know how it works for you...

bugg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help everyone for the help

Cod's Concocation as all my friends have named it, is finally done.
Wow it was alot of work and had alot left over about 3gallons worth.
We are pulling a all nighter this weekend starting at 4pm sat and leaving around 9am sun. So we'll give this stuff a true test.

It ended up having all kinds of stuff in it hence the concocation part of it, sort of slipped up and put more garlic then I thought. If catfish love garlic smell they will come from everywhere to find this stuff. We made up 50 small bags to put out. Some are going to be on trotlines and regular pole lines. Got some zote soap to try out too on the lines and going to go catch some live bream to put on the lines too.

I'll give a update after the weekend to see how it done.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I checked the stuff out a while back, and I don't know there's just something about catching fish on something you made yourself you know. It's like all my trout flies I could have bought some but that's no fun, I had a good time learning to tie flies.

I guess still being young and dumb you do thing's like that lol.
There ain't nothing wrong with triing new stuff who knows what will work the best

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.