where to get bait for monticello?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rookietocatfish, Oct 1, 2009.

1. rookietocatfish

rookietocatfish New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I am going to monty for the first time tommorrow 10-2-09 just would like some advice on wher to buy bait and what type to use and would it be better to drift or anchor any suggestions on where to go i am going with a friend that has been there a couple of times any info will be appreciated thanks again, Ricky:big_smile:

2. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Depending on were you are comming from. Jimmy Jones on 321 near Lowrys is the only place i know to get shad other than that take some worms and catch perch and bream. I believe shad will work better down there. Some people take a throw net and catch there own

3. rookietocatfish

rookietocatfish New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks i am coming from a little town called Princeton it is halfway between Greenville and Greenwood probably will come down I-26 not sure where we are putting in at thanks again

4. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Rookie,

How did you do on Monti?

5. jimbow3

jimbow3 New Member

State:
    NC
    Went by Jimmy Jones today and he was closed.

6. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    jimmy jones is only open fri and sat there is a guy near clover who sells shed also i was at jimmys last year and there was a guy who had bait farther down but did not get his name bobs bait

7. jimbow3

jimbow3 New Member

State:
    NC
    Where's the guy near Clover at?