Where to fish

Discussion in 'FLORIDA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by casey, Sep 22, 2007.

1. casey

casey New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    Indiana catfisherman here but will be coming down for the winter in nov. was wondering about the catfishing around the Silver Springs area. will try to bring my boat down this year and do some fishing. would like to fish the astor area. it looked pretty good last year. any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

2. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    The rivers and lakes in Florida are under fished for catfish. Most everyone that comes down wants Bass, Crappie or to head out in the saltwater. Same structure as up north, deep holes, log or brush piles even under docks if you have 12 feet of water or more. Lots of cats and some bigguns.

3. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    im in the silver springs a good place is (rodman) the best i have got is 16 lb

4. bad apple

bad apple New Member

State:
    florida
    where is rodman located?????

5. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    it is 9,500 acres and 15 miles long it is located south of palatka off of hwy 19 i go east on hwy 40 from ocala till you get to 19 go north pass silver glen springs and salt spring till you get there see the sings nice camp ground and dock to fish off it is where the st johns meets the ocklawaha you can do a search and find lot of info hope this helps i got a 16# out of moss bluff dam in the spring i hear there r some big one in rod man 20+ the bigest i have sean is 24# :wink:

6. bad apple

bad apple New Member

State:
    florida
    are they channels or blues???

7. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    no blues in river whites and channel bullheads my bud keeps saying the one in my pic was a blue but its a channel if you like blues you have to go up north west in the pan handle

8. bad apple

bad apple New Member

State:
    florida
    yeah i know all the pan handle i was up there 2 weeks ago and we hooked into a nice blue and lost it we also had a few flatheads hook up but didn't land any....

9. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    i go up north west ill iowa on the rock and mississippi when i go on vac and fish for big blue and flats miss it up there

10. bad apple

bad apple New Member

State:
    florida
    theres some nice ones in the appalachacola river.....both blues and flats