Where to fish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TX Fisherman, Jun 21, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i know ive asked this question, but where are some of the best spots to fish, now that i have a boat, i heard that deep in the sticks is a really good spot, but i have also heard of ppl catching em shalow???? any suggestions would be greakly appreciated

2. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    Try poking around in some coves around the evening hours. I am gong to do some cove fishing this weekend. I will tell you how it goes.

3. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Try them all. Also get the best depthfinder you can afford right now. Get a lake map. Try to fish in the channels of the lake. Look for channel bends too. Catfish use them like they do in the river to hide and ambush prey.

4. weebrio

weebrio New Member

State:
    TX
    Good questions, I also have a boat and think I will catch plenty more, but not so far, all my cats have been from the bank of a pond, that does not allow boats, so the majior part of that pond is not fished.

I sometimes fish in a ranch lake, eletrics only, on this lake I have found three sources of water comeing in to the lake, one appears to be a permenant source stream the other is also a stream but is very weak and the third appears to be a rain runoff.

I have fished this lake for bass only and although I have not really caught any big ones( like the bass pros) I have caught plenty.

I have found the good places ( six acres ) or some of them I have found a few drop offs (found them when the water was very low and I walked around the lake) and I have also found what I think to be the deepest parts of the lake.
    I have only fished this lake for bass, but soon I will for catfish.

The bass we have to throw back the catfish we can keep. In March when I started fishing there the lake level was very low, now with all the rain its is full and a lot deeper.

I am new to catfishing, where should I fish for the cats?

I have only seen people fishing for bass, I have not really seen any bait fish, but they want to get the cats out of there.

Do you need a fishfinder for cats, or is it a luxuary item?

5. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Shoot to me a depthfinder is a necessity. It will help you to identify structure, baitfish, thermoclines, and fish in the lake. You can identify that channel bend you see on the map find those shad running in it, anchor and set you lines and catch those cats hiding in that bend.