Where to fish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Golden, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hey im new to here to the fourms that is. Today being the first day. I just got back from Texas and out of the Army. I love fishing but just cant find a good area to bank fish on the ohio river. Im in the cincinnati area.So if anyone wants to get together and show me a thing or to that would be awsome. I grew up fishing paylake so im still new to river fishing. Would like someone to help me find a good spot.

2. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    welcome to the boc golden, i dont live in that area but some od the guys will help you out im sure

3. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    i think anyone from the us service deserves anything we can give!! i don't think a good fishing spot is to much to ask!! wish i could help but i'm from toledo but i'm sure some cinci guys on here will help! theres a ton of info on here on differant aproches though unless your already hip to them. good luck and welcome to the boc!! shane

4. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    Golden,

First, thanks for the service to our country. I am not as experienced as most of the guys on the forum, just started to hunt cats recently. I found a good spot in Bellevue, KY.

Take Route 8 east from I471. Go south on O'Fallon. That turns into 2nd avenue. Go past a River Boat dock about 100 yards. There is an old ramp where a boat dock was located. This is right across the river from where the 96 pounder was caught a couple of weeks ago.

Caught a couple of 8 - 10 pound channels on nightcrawlers. I know that is small for this site, but there has to be some big ones out there.

Good luck.

5. armyhooah

armyhooah New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Ohio

I just enlisted. 21 B

I also live in the Cincinnati area. I am new to river fishing, mostly fishing pay lakes. Looking to get into more river fishing this summer.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have a pretty decent spot, haven't had the appropriate bait yet - but I have seen hawgs pulled out of this spot in Miamitown. If you want to get together sometime, drop me a PM buddy.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good fishing spots on our inland rivers are getting harder and harder to find, do to the growing ammount of people fishing.

Spots that used to produce for me just dont anymore because there is always large groups of people fishing them.

Most decent spots I have now, require alot of effort to get to, some are several hours of walking thru rough wooded areas just to get to water that is unfished by most people.

8. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    sounds like you need a small boat

9. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    depends where you are in cincy i lived for a few yrs i fished the river from riverbend all the way to maldull dam in felicity they do have public access by the dam

10. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    hey talk to t bull travis he knows the river real well rick

11. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    golden you also might trying to fish the great miami around fairfield and the low dams in hamilton might help out good luck rick

12. mscar321

mscar321 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I am very new here but I fish the river. I also served so thank you for that!! first you will need to decide what type of cats you want to catch. I am catching big flatheads now and channels about anytime. I would suggest getting that small boat ( can find them up and down the river from 300.00 and up) and getting out of the mainstream areas where everyone else is fishing, focus on the deepest holes you can find and use bait from the river which usually requires a back water area (or creek) to catch your bait. Use bait from 4" to 12" 7/0 hooks or larger in the circle type I like gamakatsu octopus circle hooks (ebay 8.99 for 25)and at least 65lbs braid line, a rod and reel that can handle some abuse. There are many ways to rig your bait I like bringing the bait 3 to 10 inches from bottom to present it. I have a special trick I learned for prepping bait and will share it with you if u want to know it i will also share the presentation rig if you do these things you should be able to catch fish your first night out. best of luck and if your in the marietta area ever let me know I will try to hook-up w/u to fish. good catching drop me a line anytime,
    mike

13. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    welcome to the boc!! great first post man, shane

14. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

WELCOME to the BOC Jason,Brandon and Mike!:big_smile::0a25::0a25::0a25: