Where to fish in the Montgomery area

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by Rich.Carpenter, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've found myself in Alabama for a few days, and it looks like I'll get a chance to do some fishing tomorrow if I want. Trouble is, I have no idea where to go to do some bank fishing.

I spoke with one of the locals at the Bass Pro Shops in Prattville, and he pointed me toward Cooter's Pond. I swung by to scout the area a bit, but it looks like the only place to fish without a boat is off the docks, which wouldn't bother me (the pond is fed by the Alabama River and the docs are located at the mouth of that channel). However, there is a sign there that says "Courtesy docks for loading and unloading only." Now I would assume that to mean no fishing, but not only did one person recommend I fish off them, but there was another there doing some fishing when I showed up to check it out.

Anyway, like I said, I'd like to get out someplace nearby tomorrow if anyone can give me some tips on some bank-accessible spots.

Thanks!

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    What days/time you planning on fishing?? I may be out in the boat out of Cooter's.

3. Rich.Carpenter

State:
    Indiana
    Today (8/7), probably afternoon to evening, but naturally any time is acceptable. I would need to get my non-resident license. Wasn't sure I'd be doing any fishing, so I've held off on getting a license.

I'll shoot you a PM with my cell #. If you get a hankerin' to hit the water, hit me up, and I can meet you there.

Thanks!
    RC

4. Rich.Carpenter

State:
    Indiana
    Bah! Gotta have 10 posts before I can PM. I need four more. Everyone please excuse my brief bit of spamming... :wink: