Where to fish in Kansas City?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by j.smfp, Aug 31, 2007.

1. j.smfp

j.smfp New Member

State:
    MO
    I'm taking my grandson fishing this weekend and it will be his first time. Does anyone know where we could go. We will be fishing from the shore, since the boat is at tablerock.
    It needs to be one of the local lakes but what lake and in which spot will we have the best luck.
    I would really appreciate any help you could give I want him to have fun and catch some catfish (hopefully huge). My hope is to make him my new fishing buddy.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I know Jacomo & Blue Springs Lake are getting lower and lower, not sure how the bank fishing is going to be for you. Your best bet might be going to James A. Reed in Lee's Summit. Plenty of ponds to choose from, and you should be able to catch something there.

3. unclebill85

unclebill85 New Member

State:
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
    J, I live here in Lee's Summit and fish James A. Reed quite a bit as it is about 5 minutes from my house. Went out there wed and caught only 1 dink about 2 lbs. Catclaw has always been my favorite lake there but my largest channel out of those ponds was only 12 lbs. You might catch several fish, but probably not huge fish as TONS of people fish it. If you go to Catclaw, a good spot is on the south side of the pond which is the dam side about halfway down you will see some trees out about 30 yards. Cast out in that vicinity and you can generally get a few. Hope that helps.

Best of luck turning the grandson into your next fishing buddy. Might grab a thing of worms to hit some perch while your waiting for the kitty's to nibble.

I recommend some decent punch bait or liver.