Where to fish...I live in Patriot, Indiana

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by shovelfisher05, Jul 5, 2007.

1. shovelfisher05

shovelfisher05 New Member

State:
    ohio/indana
    hello does anybody fish around where i live? i live in patriot,by rising sun. im new to fishing indana and was wondering where to fish and what kind if bait thay perfer round here, im from ohio and do most of my fishing here iv been fishing for over ten years so i just need to know some good spots and what you guys use for bait out here. thank you for any help

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Shovel,
    Do you have a boat? Welcome to the BOC...W

3. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I fish down in Patriot about twice a year.Goose creek to the left of the patriot boat ramp is great Crappie fishing and Ive caught some descent cats around the mouth of the creek at night.Fishing otherwise on the Ohio around the patriot ramp isnt very good even though it doesnt look like it, it is very shallow for about 30 to 40 yards off the bank.Last time I was down there I guess late febuary a local guy down there did tell me that the state had approved money to rebuild the ramp.

4. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I meant Bank fishing at the patriot ramp isnt very good ,If you have a boat and can get out in the channel its good fishing but the barges will give ya hell.

5. shovelfisher05

State:
    ohio/indana
    you say goose creek is good ill try that,but i dont have a boat.thanks for the help do you know anything about fishing the banks of aroura?

6. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I live in Rising Sun and have fished that whole area a ton. Aurora can be good but it gets some heavy fishing pressure. It can be hard to get good bank fishing on the Indiana side because the channel runs along kentucky alot. But there is some good flathead fishing around Arnolds Creek and some real nice flatheads in Grants Creek. You can fish underneath that bridge, there is some nice structure and you can hit some 65 foot water (good at certain times of the year). I use shad almost exclusively. Try to keep them alive. If ya ever want to go out, let me know, i have a boat and fish outa Arnolds Creek (about 15 minutes upriver from you) quite a bit.

7. shovelfisher05

State:
    ohio/indana
    i thought arnolds creek looked good,we should definitely go out some time , have you ever fished that cove by the littel dock marina looking thing that looked like a good spot to me havent tried it yet tho only fished down in aroura off that boat ramp by the marathon gas station. seemed to be a lot of snags thier.

8. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I was down in Aurora last night (saturday) we went out to our normal spots one of them already mentioned on here and they were packed so we went back on Hogans creek to a spot thats been pretty good fishing for us I even got my pb channel there .Man Ive never seen that creek so low.WE fished the channel which where we were at the normal level is around 9 or 10 feet but more like 7 last night also the flat.We threw blue gills and israeli carps, gill heads and liver.Didnt get a bite til almost 4 in the morning.Finally we caught a few small channels before sunrise.Man we need some damn few good days of rain.:angry:

9. shovelfisher05

State:
    ohio/indana
    is thier some where i can buy like waterway maps or something that way i can find all the creeks and stuff cauz i havent lived in indana for too long and i dont know my way around that good inly what i see on my way to work, pluse i need to find some good bait holes and creek flats for mullets, all i can catch out of my little pond is bluegill and thats one of my least favorite baits.