Where to fish at a local lake?

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by dchi2003, Mar 31, 2006.

1. dchi2003

dchi2003 New Member

State:
    mississippi
  2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Boy...they are proud of those daily fees and boat fees:crying: A guy could'nt afford to fish there much.....I don't know your water temp but if it were me i would check out some 2-6ft with brush or dead trees in it...Good Luck..I definately would fish that creek channel when the water hits 65-70 degrees.:)

3. dchi2003

dchi2003 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Thanks for the help guys. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have been thinking about fishing some deep water. The reason I have not tried to fish off the county lake road is that there is no room to. The road is really narrow and there is only a couple of feet on the side of the road before it drops off into the lake. I might would try it if I fished during the day but I don't think it's very safe to do at night. I did try some new places this past Friday and Saturday night. I found a good spot just south of the pier. It's the best one yet. It's where the 2ft,4ft,and 6ft of water run together into a point. I caught a 3lb channel and 7 channels in the 1lb-1.5lb range in a couple of hours. I had fun but it would be nice to catch some ones in the 5lb-10lb range.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Try changeing ur bait, maybe use bigger bait. it look like u know where the fish are u just need to get the big ones.

5. dchi2003

dchi2003 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    I have tried several different types of baits from worms,grubs,dyna bites,chicken livers,chicken hearts,hotdogs, and bacon. The chicken livers and hearts are the only things I have been able to get a bite on. I have been meaning to try some live and cut bait. I guess I need to get there a little earlier to catch some.