Where to fish all night?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Dude, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Dude

Dude New Member

State:
    Virginia
    where can you go on the potomac and rappahannock and put your boat in and stay to fish alll night? So many places kick you out 1 hour after its dark.......can someone send me a list of places its allowed to be all night
    thanks

2. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    Leesylvania State Park in Woodbridge has overnight boating on Friday and Saturday nights during the summer. Also in Woodbridge, E-Z Cruise marina will allow you to use thier ramp all night. In Stafford, Hope Springs marina used to allow overnight boating a couple years ago. I havent launched out of there in a couple of years so Im not sure if they still allow it.

3. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    I hate going to places that you can't fish all night, There is a resevoir here in martinsville that is like that. What is the goal these people are trying to accomplish by not letting people fish at night, many times that is when the fishing is best IMHO.

Wheelmobile07

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Carvins Cove here in Roanoke is like that. It sucks not being able to fish at night.

5. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Ya, I don't really understand the rule either. There are a couple of places around here that are like that, and it does not make sense. But, I suppose they want to keep folks from drinking and camping at night in areas that are not really suited for such activities.

6. Rapp-Catter-06

Rapp-Catter-06 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    There are several on the Rapp. Hicks, Port Royal and Wilmont to name a few.

7. Moon Cat

Moon Cat New Member

State:
    Upper Marlboro, Maryland
    My years fishing the Potomac from the Maryland side has limited ramps open 24-7. I used the Fort Washigton Marina sevral times at night without any problems.