Where to fish a flooded Cataract Lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by motodragon2003, Jul 25, 2008.

1. motodragon2003

motodragon2003 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone have any good ideas, I'm thinking about giving it a whirl tonight.

2. bgmik1313

bgmik1313 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Is it still flooded out there? I have been thinking about going out there myself but didnt know which part to go to.

3. motodragon2003

motodragon2003 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Its still flooded.............a driver at my job said the bridge at doe creek is still under water...which means the lake is still cresting over 40 ft up I believe.

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    This might not help, but I'd fished in my favorite spot at Patoka Lake that was also flooded at a fishing tourament. I won 1st place! YES YES YES!!!

5. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    There was a 69lb flathead caught at the falls two weeks ago. He caught it on a freaking night crawler, never fails! Goes to show ya that you should always have a crawler on one of you poles.

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats the First I had heard of that Eric.. I have been fishing down there all year... I did hook some decent fish below the dam in the Tailwater pool... But the falls have been so out of wack due to the flooding. The debris was terrible. But congrats to whoever caught it.. I want one this year like that

7. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    I saw a story on the cover of a free newspaper i got in Spencer. His name is Gerald "Catfish" Buis. I must make a correction on it's weight, it was 67lbs 8ozs- 50" long and 33.5" girth.

I bet there is a state record in there just waiting to be caught!

8. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Ok, I fished Cataract on Labor Day. The main lake looked low, but the guy from the "Corp" above the damn said the main lake is still up 3 feet. He mentioned the level goes down about 4 inches a day, and that they would probably start restricting the spill way flow in about 3 - 4 days to normal. He said, that the lower pool "should be" "normal" by the weekend. So we will see what happens....

The falls are down considerably compared to what they have been, alot of debris has settled, and the banks are "extended" from where the water wiped out alot of stuff. Still quite a few trees and other things in the water, but I believe in a month or so things should be back to somewhat "normal".

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats good news... I lost a monter flathead down there in the tailwaters.. he took me right at the giant rocks and it cut my line.. but I know have a landing net.. but the tail waters are a good place if you can keep from getting snagged