Where to find White Foam Noodles

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Lab Man, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Lab Man

Lab Man New Member

State:
    Texas
    I am looking for white Noodles for Jugs. In Texas all non comercial jugs have to be white. I called the Wacky Noodle factory and they said they didnt make noodles in white. They said they would make some in white but I would have to order a thousand or more. I am currently painting the noodles white but they dont stay that way long. I have also looked online for Foam pruducts that I could modify and cant really find what I need. Any help would be appreciated.

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Cheap, easy trick so it does not matter what color the noodle is ... buy white duck tape, tape around the noodle. Also gives a great spot to use a permanent marker for dates/info. The tape will last on the noodle for longer than most think (months if not years depending on use) and a single roll of tape (depending on the number of jugs) can last you a long time. Hope this helps.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I smell a money-making opportunity -- order a big batch of those things in white and sell them to your fellow Texas fishermen! You can't be the only one looking for white noodles!

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
  5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Do a search on e-bay for the white swimming pool noodles. They are there. LOL Everything is on e-bay.

6. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I know there is a place in Houston that sells them but I cant remember the name right now. I'll find it and post it one here.

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    You might try pool supply places. After September, its difficult to find pool noodles in the stores. Probably, they best solution is to wrap the noodle in white duct tape. As for paint, it may work better to dip the noodle in white paint and allow it to soak up some paint. But, that's messy, I'd go with the tape.

8. Ryan11r

Ryan11r New Member

State:
    Newton Kansas
    Walmart has them year round here in Kansas

9. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

Hummm,

They are every color under the sun, here in our Walmart. Just not in white. Whats up with that?....lol

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    They know the texas regulations and they (Wal-Marts) in TX are friendly with PETA.

11. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Houston area Wal Marts put pool noodles on sale in September for 50 cents and don't restock until March or April. I don't jug fish at this point, but do use the noodles for lots of things so am always on the lookout for them.

12. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    In my opinion the white noodles from Wal Mart are the best buy at $2.34 ea. I look for these all the time. Some stores don't carry them. Some stores have assorted colors. The next best thing is to go to a concrete supply house and look for Backer Rods. They come in all sizes. I buy the 3"dia X6 ft. You can cut them with a knife but a chop saw does an even better job. I drill a hole about 6" deep with a spade type wood drill. I glue in a short section of wooden dowell using Gorilla glue. Install a small eye screw in the dowell to attach the line to. I usually make these about 12" long. The Walmart noodles are 18" long and have a rod thru them with a plastic cap . I ordered some noodles from a fitness place They charged $35 shipping. I also had a $2000 charge from a New York Jewelry store show up on my next credit card bill. I can't prove it was from them but it was a PITA to get it straightened out. Before finding the noodles I used Clorox jugs. I like the 1/2 gal size the best. I got mine from a friend that has a small water system and uses it in a chlorine pump. You can waste it no more expensive than it is.

Hope this helps.

Where are you located?

13. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Here is what I found out.

SSI Construction Materials
    2211 Sabine St
    Houston, TX 77007
    (713) 862-3900

It's called backer rod. They carry it.

14. Lab Man

Lab Man New Member

State:
    Texas
    I appreciate all of the input from you guy's. Alot of good information here. The factory said they would sell a thousand white noodles for $1.75 each (too much) I live in Bertram off of 1174 South. Especially thanks for the address in Houston, I never thought about Backer Rod. I also will buy some white duct tape. I am trying to make a kind of Flagging Jug. A 28" of 3/4 PVC through the middle of a 14" piece of Foam. Inside the PVC I am putting a 1/2" x 6" long Copper Rod or Lead rod for a weight (tried egg weights but they rolled to the other end when a wave hit them). Capping both ends of the PVC with a small I-Bolt in one end. The foam is pushed about 4" from the end without the I-Bolt. It lays flat when the weight is slid to the end without the I-Bolt, but when a fish hits it stands up in the water with about 12" standing above the water. a piece of reflective tape around the top makes them easy to see with a spot light.
    Thanks again to all

15. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    Bruce
    We are allmost neighbors I am in burnet. There is a SSI on Todd Lane in Austin. We have bought Backer rods there. They are not in stock all the time. The Wal Mart in Lampassas had lots of the white noodles last year. I have not been over there in a while. If they don't have them they might order them. I have found a few in Marble Falls but I have a very negative opinion of the personnel at that store. I experimented with the flagging concept for a while and discarded it. The Walmart noodles being 18" long really get your attention from a long way off when they stand up. We fish on Buchannan and Inks and UP river to the state park when the lake level is up.
    I spend a lot of time at Choke Canyon in the winter. Good Fishing!

16. Lab Man

Lab Man New Member

State:
    Texas
    Byron,
    I am going to fish Inks next weekend, any suggestions for this time of year. Thought I might bait for a few big yellow cats and the rest for blues. We need to go fishing sometimes. Also, I am going to try Choke this year for the first time. Have heard nothing but good about that lake. I have a couple of friends that go every year and they say it's always good.

17. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    The last time I fished Inks with a couple of my friends in their boat which was not running very good. We were fishing with jugs rigged to about 5 ft. using small hooks with Night crawlers. We went upstream to the area that has three Fast water hazard bouys in a row across the channel. We started upstream of that didn't catch anything. Moved down to the Bouys and had two fish on by the time we had 10 jugs out. This water is about 8 to 10 ft deep. I have also jugged the area near the fishing pier by the launch ramp in the state park. I have caught some good fish there but I have drawn some absolute zeros. There are lots of Blues in Inks the problem is that there are also so many shad in the lake. I sometime fish with shrimp on Inks, but my norm is to use cut shad or perch. I have not fished for Yellow cats in Inks. There is some good looking water in the inlet that the second fishing pier is in but I have not tried it .

18. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    My friend, FuzzFace and I made flagging noodles from 3" PVC pipe. We purchased a section of pipe and 10 3" end caps. Drill a small hole in the center of the end cap and gradually widen the hole until your 3/4 inch pipe barely slides through. Seal the inside of the first cap with a hot glue gun. Slip the cap on the 3" pipe and glue it with PVC glue. Then mark the 3/4" pipe where the next cap will rest. Apply a glob of hot glue there, slide the cap over the pipe and glue it to the 3" pipe - ya gotta be fast here. LOL
    Then finish the jug as you would one made with a noodle. It works, but is kinda expensive. Got the jugs made and be darned if we will use them... they look too much like reflections from the water. Yellow is just a lot friendlier color. LOL

19. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Have you tried to bleach the colored noodles? Wander what color they would turn. Just an idea.

20. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    here is the number i have for noodles 1-800-448-6070