Where to find skipjack herring

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by recordbreakin1, Jul 24, 2008.

1. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I fish mostly with big gizard shad and live perch.I have heard about alot of success stories using skipjack herring.Does anyone know where i can get some around the DFW area?

2. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Sorry Bro, I haven't got a clue.... But if ya find out tell me I live in Waco and might find some place similar around here!!! Thanks for asking!!!:cool2: And WELCOME TO THE BOC!!!

3. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Never heard of anyone in TEXAS using them. I mainly hear about the east coast and northern states having them. I could be wrong though.

4. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I think you can catch them at Denison Dam but not sure if its a seasonal thing or not.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    According to Fishbase, their range is from Corpus Christi east.

6. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Supposedly in rivers as well, the Mississippi and the Ohio all the way to Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Apparently these can live in fresh or salt water?

7. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Thank you all for the help.I think I seen some frozen ones in the bait shops in Corpus where I use to live.This site is realy great I have been looking for something like this for a long time.Clubs are just not for bass fisher men any more.

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    We're talking about the freshwater variety here. There's another that lives in saltwater.