where to find fishing reports

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by weshossman, Apr 14, 2008.

1. weshossman

weshossman New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I would like to know where to go online to find fishing reports for NC.

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Alot of people are not making reports any more. The main reason is because of all the jugger and trotliners.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC! you will find a lot of good info on this site to include fishing reports. If you can not find one for your area, start a post and it will come. The brotherhood will almost always come through if you give it a reasonable amount of time.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome BOC good to have you aboard, before long i say people will have reports

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Wesley, fishing reports are given on the section you posted your message on and also under NC General and NC Rivers, plus under another sections for blues, flatheads and channel cats. Just open those section and scroll down and you will find what you want. If you don't, when you get ten post, just PM me and I will try to help you out. Welcome by the way. Mac

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Wesley, the preacher man told me this weekend that if you put some money in the plate when it comes around it will come back to you ten fold.

The same applies to fishing reports.

First, the best way to get accurate and useful information is to be a CPR fisherman. There is nothing wrong with keeping some small eaters for the table, but no one is going to tell you were the honey hole is if you are laying the knife to the 10, 15, and 20+ pounders.

Second, you need to develop a network of "fishing friends", and the BOC is THE PLACE to do that. These are people that you will grow to trust and that will grow to trust you. There are folks on here from all around the state and you can exchange information privately online. The BOC is one of the greatest educational tools for catfish anglers to ever come along in my opinion.

Many of the NC and SC folks are members of the Carolinas Catfish Club, and that is another way to help you network in the area. While there is a lot of information exchanged during the meetings, there is just as much if not more exchanged standing around outside "shooting the bull" before and after the meetings.

7. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    I believe that maybe the action on the water for fishermen is reponsible for this. It could be so slow that most people dont bother to type reports because they arent catching anthing special or anything at all. For one,I havent posted any reports because i dont have a computer of my own and im not able to get on to long enough to type a report up. This summer though, I plan to give reports on the fishing in my area often since i will have more time in my hands. Hopefully i will be able to try some more boat fishing this year so i can report on that as well.