where to find crawdads

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by daniel-delarosa, Aug 15, 2009.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I want to catch some crawdads, but I have no idea where to look for them. Anyone know?

2. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I am looking for places too....Wish Oklahoma had some big enough so I could boil some for eating, those things are awesome

3. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    go to your closet creek and start turnin over rocks. cont have to be deep either crawdads need oxygen to stay alive so they like to get air every so ofton. you can find them in one to five feet of water. sometimes if their in deeper water dangle a hook with a worm in front of em and they will try eatn it. its funny to watch em with their pinchers grabbn a hook ad tryn to get it in their mouth. works every time. or just grab em up. hope that helps.

4. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If you are looking for crawdads always look for small muddy watering ponds for cattle. Typically too small to be used for fish ponds. Look for drainage ditches that always hold water. When all else fails you can order them from your asian grocery store. They sell them by the pound and they normally receive their shipment on Friday. The one in OKC does. They sell eaters and baiters and both are reasonably priced.

5. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Would you happen to have the name and/or number?

6. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
  7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Any lil stream near you.. youll see em crawlin out from under rocks and under rocks. Also can catch some nice baitfish in there.:wink: I have a stream that runs through my grandmas backyard and theirs plenty in there.

8. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Used to be a excellent crawdad hole just south of Okmulgee on the highway till the state moved the highway and messed it up. Ya might still be able to get some there if you happen to be by there. The place is right at the corner of the Bailey horse ranch just south of town. When they took out the old blue bridge and moved the highway to the east it kinda messed it up. I do know of a private pond that belonged to the halls going out to the lake. but i dont think they will let anyone in there at all. One swipe with the sein and you have enough to eat and fish with. I remember the last time i got to get into it when i walked through the water i could feel them crunching under foot with every step i took. The halls had a bait shop for years when i was a kid.

Foggy :cool2:

9. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O

http://www.caonguyen.com/

Been about 2 years since I've bought from them. But for $10, got plenty to use as bait and to eat.

10. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    another thing you could to catch em is use a minnow trap and put some bread in it. ihave caught em that way to.

11. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    I know Jones Bait & Tackle had some earlier this year. You can usually get them there. They sell everything from perch to crickets. And they are open 24hr a day. If you run out of bait you can go there and ring the bell and they will get up and get your bait.
    9128 N MacArthur OKC, OK 722-3443

12. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O

When did they move back?
    Last time I talked to CJ, the shop moved up into Edmond.

13. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I think they reopened it earlier this year.. the other shop in edmond is still there..

Chinatown or Taipei in OKC would be the only 2 places that get a few crawdads in..

crawdads are basically out of season but those 2 markets still get a few on fridays but not many.. lately they've been prepacked into 1-1.5 lb bags.. so you cant really pick out the ones you want anymore..

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  14. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    Unless they closed in the last month they are still open.

15. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Look for drainage ditches that always hold water.