Where to find channel catfish in the fall?

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by tomcat85, Sep 21, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    me and my buddy fish this creek a lot. we found a lot of deep channels and a lot of good overhang. but i was wondering where the channels go in the fall and should we start looking somewhere else?

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't know about your creek in particular, but if theres holes that stay at least 10 feet deep year round, I don't know why there wouldn't be channels there right now. There are som pretty small creeks in my area that support catfish populations year 'round. Pretty fun to wade them in the spring with a bobber and some minnows. I usually seek big water in the summer and fall, so I can't vouch for fishing creeks in the fall.

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    thanks for the advice brother. i read about your kitty grabbing accident sounds brutal. i could never do that lol.

4. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Channels are feeding heavy now. At least in lakes. I just try to find the shad and they aren't far away.

5. Finesse

Finesse New Member

State:
    Sacramento,Ca
    yeh if i were you, if its possible i would fish the inlets and outlets of that creek right now. keep fishing those deep holes also, there are always gonna be a fish or two in any area that holds fish all year.as long as theres a good population:wink:

Sean

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Stay in those creeks. I fish creeks on the lake I fish in the fall and spring and the success rate is tremendous.

7. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    in the water.......