Where to find carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by tomcat85, Mar 14, 2007.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Well i fish this creek called muddy creek and i hear there are carp in there. I also fish a lake. Well on the creek there is a cove that like goes up behind where the creek is flowing. Think there could be any carp in that area? I just need help where to look lol.

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Chum the area with some corn and wait for the carp to come out and feed.

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    carp are everywhere. chum the areas that are fishable to u and they will come to that area. Try floating catfish food for several days in a row, this will let u see what comes up to eat.

4. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Here in utah in the summer. carp will envade the shallows so shallow you see there backs sticking out of the water, and they thrash around quite a bit they are rather hard to miss, but i dont know if they do this in your area. I would ckeck the shallow water in summer there has been more than a few times when i would go stompin up to the creek just in time to see 10 to 15 carp bolt out to deper water. In my opinion if you are goin to pursue carp keep your wits about you i think they know a whole lot more than most people give them credit for:cool2: tight lines and good luck

5. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    well I would say Carp are everywhere, mostly I caught them on the bottom of lake or river, but while I catfishing, sometimes hitting on liver and worms. but by our dock, tons of carps swimming around dock, I feed them a dogfood and corns.

6. Don1

Don1 New Member

State:
    iowa
    On the Missississippi river between iowa and illinois you will find them spawning on and around mud flats. Just go cat fishing and you will find them damn things every time.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
  8. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use the hair rig as well, when I feel like tying one. I use corn someitmes, but the real winner on the hair rig has been bread pellets. Using a homemade bread punch and hair rig I caught the first carp of the day at a certain "Group" fish in, however, past that they were hauling and I was not. I learned alot on the bank that day with the guys. I am not sure on my feelings for boilies though. I prefer pack bait. As far as finding carp, at the pond near me they are still staying submerged, but when the bluegill start feeding the large carp go up to get some of what they are having. They have been near the bank lately as the weather is warming.

9. 390fe

390fe New Member

State:
    Creston, Iowa,
    At the mouth of a local lake is the overflow/drainage pipe for the marsh the DNR manages for waterfowl. Right now the lake above the marsh is draining, and the marsh is catching runoff as well, so it's overflowing. The drain area in the mouth of Summit lake has loads of carp flopping and floundering around.

Look at or near the inlets of your local fishing holes for activity like mine.