Where to find carp in reservoirs?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Shinchan, May 22, 2007.

1. Shinchan

Shinchan New Member

State:
    HI but now WA
    Aloha! What is good place to look for a carp in resevoirs? I've seen people fish for them next to the boat ramp but what are other places I should try? I have a kayak so I can pretty much go wherever I need to. Thanks for any info

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    the bays are good & if you were able to fish greenlane reservoir here in PA I'd say knights bridge would be awesome. Its a bridge that xrosses the lake and has rock piled up on the shore for erosion control. if Im fishing for crappies off of the bridge I can always see a huge school of em hanging around the area.

3. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Any shallow cove will hold carp. Try to go out the night before you plan on fishing, and chum up the area with at least 3 cans of sweet corn (the more the better) This will bring the carp in and keep them there. Then when you arrive the next day chum up with another can of corn, right where you plan to fish.

4. Shinchan

Shinchan New Member

State:
    HI but now WA
    If I chum with 3 cans of corn the day before and one can before I start fishing, won't I fill them up and they'll refuse to bite? I guess if they don't bite at least I'll be getting them bigger for the next time:big_smile:

5. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    One 15-20lb. carp could eat the 3 cans of corn, and still be lookin around for more. What the corn does, is draw the carp into an area. Then when you put out more corn, it creates a feeding frenzy, with intense competition between the fish. This will make it much easier to catch them, rather than just having 2 or 3 carp in an area. They won't be as catious and are much more likely to suck in your bait. good luck!!!:cool2: