Where to find bullhead catfish

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by flatheadsteven, Mar 5, 2007.

1. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    iv heard alot of people talkin about usin bullheads for flatheads.any advice on were to catch them.

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Rivers small creeks, It just depends on where you live I used to catch a ton of them up north anywhere I tried, but in Tn I haven't caught any of them.

3. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    If you're fishin lakes go to the shallow end and fish on the bottom with nightcrawlers.If you're fishin a river find a kick back off of the main channel and go to the back half of it.Any small creek should have them also.

4. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    It's really easy to catch bullhead, just use nightcrawler on the bottom of the river, lake, or pond.

5. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Is a bullhead the same thing as what we call a butter cat around here...kinda got a yellowish tint to them about four to eight inches long ?? Where do you hook them and do you snip the fins off or anything special??

6. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I call them mudcat.They are the same.I hook them through the tail.I have never cut the fins off though I have heard of people doing it.I really don't think a flathead cares if the fins are on or off.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Around my neck of the woods...Every where I go fishing! lol It seems I catch these lil' boogers just about every time I use nightcrawlers around any bridge structure. Mostly when I'm walleye fishing or "targeting" channelcats. It would seem they are very plentiful in the Susquehanna river, cause I stopped counting them! lol