Where to even start?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by muddyIA, Apr 20, 2006.

1. muddyIA

muddyIA New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey all, was parusing the mighty web when I found a picture of a gigantic gar that was bowfished on broken bow lake in Oklahoma. I got excited and did a google search which eventually landed me here... but not for the gar interest. :) Cool site. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the site (lotta forums to check out) but I think I'll manage. ;) Quick background from me first, just to settle myself down a bit.

Nickname has been muddy and I'm from east central Iowa. I spend 6 months of the year in rivers and streams electrofishing for the state. I get to play with big and small fish all summer, and I love it. Last year was the first year we implemented a boat electroshocker into the mix and boy did we roll some big flats! Since flats are my favorite, I guess I found the right place here, right? If I can figure out where to upload pictures I'll show you some of the babies we can grow here in IA. For now, I'd best get back to work.

Lookin' forward to an extended stay here on catfish1.

*extends an electronic handshake*

2. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC and looking forward to those photos.

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the club, hope you enjoy. I'll bet you have a lot of good information. Don't be shy. Jump in.

Danny

4. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC, its a great site with alot of good info, enjoy. :big_smile:

5. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Matt, Welcome to the BOC, the best catfishing site on the net! Post those pics, you got us all curious now. LOL

6. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Welcome to the BOC Matt! You are right...lots of information here! Also, a fantastic family of helpful and caring members. Enjoy!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures...

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Matt! Sounds like you're the man with the home address of all those big flats.

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  9. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    Welcome to the BOC Matt.

10. muddyIA

muddyIA New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wow, like a typical state worker I go out for coffee and bagels, come back and hope back on here. 9 replies, sure are a friendly bunch, aren't ya! Or are you just wanting to get into my honey holes? ;) Not only do I know where the fish are, but I can generally give GPS coordinates to them. I'll try that upload thing, seems similar to other forums I haunt.

11. muddyIA

muddyIA New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Let's see if this works... here's a little guy I pulled out of a brush pile. The river was super low, mostly around 3-4 inches deep and this was the first "hole" we came upon. I looked in and saw whiskers, told my co workers to shut the juice off, reached in and pulled out a kitty.

Attached Files:

12. muddyIA

muddyIA New Member

State:
    Iowa
    These came out of the same hole... little deeper water, had the big boat shocker out that day. I'm not figuring out how to have the picture show up instead of the attachement or link... must be missing something. AND I can't even view them until I get 10 posts. :)

Attached Files:

13. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    Welcome to BOC. What a great job you have there. Looks like fun.

14. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC, the best site on the net.

Pull up a milk crate or two, sit back, relax and enjoy

15. DaveR

DaveR New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC. Those are some pretty sweet fish. I look forward to the day I catch some like that on rod and reel of course though.

Dave

16. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

Matt, welcome aboard....looking forward to those pics...

17. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Let me get this straight, you work for the State of Iowa shocking fish recording, photographing, and logging them, I would assume for analysis back at work by either yourself or someone else. I can only assume that I have this somewhat correct, now wouldn't the time you spend, on this catfishing site be work related? I would think you could write off your home computer as work related and deduct all kinds of computer stuff, including ISP charges, from your taxes. I would go as far as to suggest that you track your on-line time and bill the good State of Iowa (all in overtime hourly rates) and be sure to include that because of your loyalty to your job you gave up precious time that could of been spent with your family and a bonus might possibly be yours at the end of the year.lol

Only joking, it's what I do when I'm jealous to a point of turning green with envy. Sounds like a perfect job to me. Do you do this all around the State or just in your area? Hey, I know, I'll call you Pop if you take me to your work on "Take your son to work day".lol

18. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    :sweat: :hungry: :007: :0a17: welcome .pass some of that info on , like location habitat, u know

19. fisherman

fisherman New Member

State:
    illinois
    im going to start fishin for flatheads and i was wondering if any one could give me any info and how to rig my line and what bait is best.
    chris

any info is greatly appreciated

20. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio