Where to catch catfish in northeast Indiana

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Jeremy Mapes, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Jeremy Mapes

Jeremy Mapes New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm really starting to get into catfishing and was wondering if there are any real hot spots to catch big cats in northeast Indiana? I'm having trouble finding a place to catch them with any size to them. Also what's the best type of bait to use? I've been using chicken liver.

2. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Hey Jeremy. My answer would be not sure to the where to but as far as bait it may be a little trial and error for the area your fishing. Chicken liver,Soft Craws,Chubs,Cut Bait, And im going to test out this Secret 7 dip bait . Give those each a shot and see if one produces better over a period of time or just use a combo of the ones that seem to work best.

Fud

3. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Well first of all welcome to the BOC, next I really don't know if anybody is gonna really wan't to give up thier hot spots so easily, so, good luck on that one. All I can tell you is try the Res. at Salamonie or Huntington, I've had pretty good luck on these bodies of water, and try using cut gill or shad, maybe creek chubs if you can get them, fish early mornings or late evenings. Everytime someone goes fishin' they are not always gonna catch fish but it sure is fun being out there tryin'. GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHIN"

4. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jeremy, First welcome to the BOC. I fish the witmer chain of lakes,the st. joe river. I sent you a pm,maybe we can hook up for some kitties.

5. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jeremy, I'm going out tonight if you want you are welcome to go. If you want to send me a pm with your number and I will give you a call.

6. Jeremy Mapes

Jeremy Mapes New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Getting ready to go out of town for a week or so, but will definitely get ahold of you when I get back. Thanks-Jeremy.