Where to buy Zote soap

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by LakeHoustoncatkiller, Mar 3, 2008.

1. LakeHoustoncatkiller

LakeHoustoncatkiller New Member

State:
    TX
    Hey I'm new here and was wondering where you can get Zote soap in the Houston Area. I thought about trying Fiesta, a mexican grocery store. Are there any other kinds of soap that works. Thanks!!

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC. As far as the Zote soap I believe you can get it at the Dollar General stores,as least you can here in Iowa. Hope this helps.

3. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    also the mexican foods section in almost every grocery store.

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Almost any Grocery Store has a Mexican section and they normally handle it.

There are many Stores here in Lufkin TX that handles Zote Soap.

Just remember that it's great on Trot lines and limb lines, maybe even Jugs.

Ain't any good on rod & reels though. It dissolves very slowly and attracts the fish. High Animal fat in it makes it work...

One thing I like about using it is it only catches Catfish. Nothing else seems to like it...

5. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I have seen it listed on Ebay but shipping might kill you on the price. That is unless you are buying quantity.:eek:oooh::big_smile:

Thanks
    David

6. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I got mine at HEB.

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mexican grocery store, 89 cents a bar, bars the size of that old Fells Napta soap. Big Bars. It works too, I caught several on a trot line last year, that was all soap. It comes in white and pink, the white works better in my opinion.

While your in the store, check out their prices. LOL The store in La Porte, IN has stuff a lot cheaper than the big stores. I love that little Mexican grocery store. Example --- bunch of fresh Cilantro 49 cents. Meijer's it's 1.50. Jalapeños 50 cents a pound compared to over a dollar in Meijers. lol They are one of the few stores that has hominy in gallon cans for about 3 dollars. Hey save money when you can, and those little stores are mostly mom and pop operations.

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I do believe JW is a distributor; he uses it exclusively on his trot lines:smile2:
    ...W

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    We find ours at a Brookshire's grocery store here. 77 cents a bar. You can also use Ivory soap. It's easier to find. Use the white bar in the Ivory. The Ivory is kinda brittle you cannot cut it with a knife or it will fall apart. Use a cheap cheese slicer or a piece of monofilament or dental floss to cut it into cubes. I like to use the zote myself but my father in law uses nothing but Ivory and at times he will slaughter them with it. What the zote soap and the Ivory have in common is they both are made from animal fatty acids. Zote soap has 66% and Ivory has 50% fatty acids in them. Good luck.