Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Can someone tell me if you can buy monster rod holders around the saint louis area? I know i could order them on line, but i would like to get them quick fast and a hurry.
Josh is there someplace up there that you could get to the river right now that you would need the rod holders that fast? I can tell you right now in Winfield it would be hard to find a place to launch your boat. I'm just hoping that I'll be able to launch in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is winfield access closed? I was going to go out tommorrow day or night? I can access the river up here in Louisiana at the marina with no problem, if the river is to bad i can also head on over to the salt river, the flatheads are slammin up here, we also caught some blues as well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is winfield access closed? I was going to go out tommorrow day or night? I can access the river up here in Louisiana at the marina with no problem, if the river is to bad i can also head on over to the salt river, the flatheads are slammin up here, we also caught some blues as well.
A freind has been asking me to go and put in at louisiana and run up the salt river to fish. How far do we need to go? Thanks!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Can someone tell me if you can buy monster rod holders around the saint louis area? I know i could order them on line, but i would like to get them quick fast and a hurry.
Ya do what Paul said and just give him a call. He would do everything he could to help out and get them to you quick I'm sure, SteveO is awesome about making things happen if he can. Just go to the web site and grab the number from there....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A freind has been asking me to go and put in at louisiana and run up the salt river to fish. How far do we need to go? Thanks!!
Once you get on the salt river from the mississippi you want to travel a mile or two, as your driving up the river you'll come across some docks on your left, keep on going, keep an eye out for a creek coming into the river about a mile and a half on up the river on your left, a little ways past that you will see a power line going across the river, about ten feet up maybe less if the water is still up. from those lines all the way up to a rail road bridge is good fishing, find the snaggest bend and start fishing. there are also some good holes up through there that usually hold some big blues. good luck and take it slow if its your first time on the river, i suggest going on it during the day before you try it at night, keep an eye out for logs and brush.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Once you get on the salt river from the mississippi you want to travel a mile or two, as your driving up the river you'll come across some docks on your left, keep on going, keep an eye out for a creek coming into the river about a mile and a half on up the river on your left, a little ways past that you will see a power line going across the river, about ten feet up maybe less if the water is still up. from those lines all the way up to a rail road bridge is good fishing, find the snaggest bend and start fishing. there are also some good holes up through there that usually hold some big blues. good luck and take it slow if its your first time on the river, i suggest going on it during the day before you try it at night, keep an eye out for logs and brush.
Thanks! Hope I can help you out some time!!

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
The access to the lock is open, but there isn't a ramp there. All the ramps will be unusable until the river gets back down to around 26 ft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.