Where to buy gas!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by crankbait77, Aug 28, 2008.

1. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    This thread is simple. While you are out in your area keep a close eye out for the lowest price for Gas, or the rediculous prices that you would suggest that people avoid. Such as a mile apart two different gas stations are 25 cent a gallon different. If we do this right and use this thread as a tool we all may be able to plan our fill ups when we fish and save a few dollars in the process. I will start by saying that Chevron in James City has gas for $3.58 as of this morning.

2. cat'n around

cat'n around Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    handy mart in vanceboro (hwy43/17 split) was 3.58 as well as the kangaroo. new hess wilco station just before entering newbern (hwy43) was 3.57 8/28/08

3. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Just another note, make sure and tell what town/city or what road or exit that the stations are at and what the date was when you saw the price. Thanks for all of your participation and input.

4. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The Kinston area for the past few months has been a lot lower than down towards the coast. Two weeks ago there were stations as low as $3.49 can some of the members in that area give us some of the current prices?

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  6. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The site is great, but it doesn't list anywhere near all the places that I am sure we could in our local areas. Some of the areas that I check on the site didn't even have any stations listed. Even for Kinston, there was only 3 listed there. There are some where around 40 of them.

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Gas station on highway 95(Yuma, Az area) right next to Davidson Marine has it for $3.52.

8. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I will have to keep that in mind if I ever want to trailer my boat that far.:crazy: How have you been out there lately? Doing any good this year?

9. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Agree with Crankbait, good site but nothing listed for my area ( small towns ) . Gas around Lillington, N.C. mostly $3.57-$3.62 . Keeping my speed down 5 m.p.h. has helped me, also planning my trips better. No more running to the store for a loaf of bread. Pulling my boat with my newer truck has also helped but sure hate to leave it at some of the ramps I use. Staying out of over-drive except on flat roads seems to do a little better. Not as many down-shifts. Just mho though.

10. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    This thread will hopefully help us all with planning our stops, and fill in the gaps that these websites are leaving.

11. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    gas at Hess by the beaufort bridge in morehead city was 359 when I went down there to work and by the time I left an hour later it was 369, the kangaroo in morehead was 358 when I went through, but when I left it was 366. I guess since there is a tropical storm 1000 miles away that gives them the excuse to raise the price even if there is a threat but not a certainty of what it will do.

12. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    now if i could just bottle the gas i have , i could drive all day

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The Lowes Food grocery store has it for $3.49 in Gastonia...so Rock Hill will probably be around $3.32......

14. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    So far so good, now after a little while this thread may be useful for all of us to plan where to stop. Thanks for all the input.

15. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    As you all know the prices of gas are going up just because there is a chance of a hurricane? Just another excuse for them to rob us all blind, and cheat our children out of there inheritance. This is the kind of thing that I started this thread for. If we all cooperate and post what we see while we are driving in our areas, we can all benifit from the information.

16. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yall better get to eating pinto beans, because next week after the storm gas will go to 5 dollars a gallon mark my words:angry:

17. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Chevron station in James City just marked back down to $3.59 for regular.

18. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Yeah I guess they got their labor day gouging out of the way.

19. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    LD station by the Glenburnie ramp in New Bern has $3.57 a gallon.

20. cat'n around

cat'n around Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    well the cheapest gas ive seen around since it went back up is in vanceboro 3.62