Where to buy Channel catfish

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by katfishy25, Nov 23, 2005.

1. katfishy25

katfishy25 New Member

If you live in Upper Arlington, there's a pet store up at Mill Run. It's called Jack's aquarium & pets. They sell Channel catfish there for $2.98 per cat. They grow to be like 27". :eek:

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    if they are really a true channel they should get much bigger than that.

3. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Amen, it sounds like they are trying to fool people.

Ray

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah if they are true channel cats then they should get bigger than that.

5. katfishy25

katfishy25 New Member

NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!
    I'm serious!
    They sell channel cats at a petstore close to me.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Hum! channel cats for pets? thats not a bad idea!

7. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Hey guys.Lets not forget that even though channels do get much larger any fish can only grow to the size of his environment,If he is in a aquarium 27 inches is giant.If he is in the wild he would get bigger.

8. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    Most bait shops will order different size "stockers" for you by the dozen. A lot cheaper too.

9. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    pet palace in louisville KY sells baby blues. i bought one about four years ago an it lasted for some where around 2 years befor it out grew my 55 gallon tank an i turned him loose in a local small lake ( 6 acers = small lake ). but anyways i asked the man at the pet store about seling those cats an he said because they were not a game fish ( kfw reconised sport fish ) it is leigal to sell.

10. Environmentor

Environmentor New Member

State:
    Buffalo, Iowa
    In Iowa catfish (flathead and channels, I am not sure about any of the other species) are considered gamefish. However, people can still sell certain species (regardless of it being a gamefish) as long as they have the proper license. Otherwise it is illegal (even to sell minnows) if you don't have the proper license.

11. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    hey guys can u mail baby catfish? if u can I will pay someone to get me a baby blue.

12. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    why waste 3 bucks per channel cat when its relatively easy to go out on your own and catch a half a dozen in a few hours on stinkbait. it sounds like they just plain want your money and are doing all possible to fool YOU!!!!!!! waste of time and money to go up their and to even find out that they arent true BREED!!!!!

13. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Well if you go up to Ohio, H20 Mellon can take you to a place that will sell you channel cats, It's called a pay lake. :big_smile: :lol:

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Looking back over my 60 years.I think the $2.98 is by far the cheapest way to go.

15. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Yeah I'd die if my wife found out just how much I'm really paying per pound of fish. :crazy:

16. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    At this one chinese grocery store about half a mile from my house, they sell whole live channels about 32" Long for like $1 a pound, if i had a big enough pond/tank i would buy one.

17. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The last time I checked,a cup of worms cost more than $2.98.If you consider that expensive,you are going to spend a fortune keeping a Catfish alive.I have owned and kept Catfish in everything from a 5 gallon aquarium to a 1 acre pond.I have no idea how much they cost.Had I been smart enough to be able to figure all of that out,I would have been smart enough to know that I could buy them cheaper.I now know that it cost me a fortune.I learned this through experience,not intelligence.Why do I love the taste of a wild caught fish,and can just tolerate the taste of a store bought fish? I don;t know why.I do know that it is expensive.peewee-williams