Where to bank fish for catfish in the Santee lakes area

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Whisker-catcher, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Whisker-catcher

Whisker-catcher New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am fairly new to South Carolina and am looking for places to bank fish for cats in the Santee lakes area. I moved here from Florida, so I have good tackle, but sold my boat before the move. Also, any useful techniques and baits that work best would be greatly appreciated.

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC and South Carolina. Sorry but I don't bank fish so I can't help with that one.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Bobby, welcome to the boc, this site is full of good info and great people. Good luck fishing and I am sure that someone will provide you with some good locations

4. Spires Landing on lower part of lake Marion has a small dock at the boat landing. My co-workers brother-in-law fishes there regularly an he does pretty decent fishing right before dark into the night hours. Watch hanging fish on a stringer from dock though. He's had gators help themselves to his catch before.:angry:

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bobby welcome to the BOC.

6. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC Bobby

The rediversion is a nice place to bank fish if you don't mind walking some. We usually catch a few nice Blues from the bank there and a surprise Flathead every now and then. During this time of year grab some stink bait and you can always depend on the channel cats to provide action, you just have to fish through the smaller ones and you will end up with a nice catch before its all saidand done.

7. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Rocks Pond Campground has small dock for day use fee. Folks have been know to catch so nice ones there. Welcome to BOC