Where the heck is everyone

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by suddawg, Jul 4, 2006.

1. suddawg

suddawg New Member

What's up my Husker brothers? Well I'll tell you what's up with me, I'm coming home in 6 weeks. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :big_smile:

SudDawg

2. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Where are you coming in from? I just had a short tdy to Lincoln.

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Kuwait. Not Ali Al Saleem, not Camp Arifjan, but Kuwait Naval Base. Yeah, don't ask why the Air Force is here it's so confusing to explain. It makes my brain hurt. :crazy: Coming back to Offutt AFB in Bellevue, NE. Basically a part of Omaha. I was actually stationed at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery for 5 years. Nice choice of living in Prattville. That town was expanding like crazy the whole time I was down there. Called Montgomery "The Dirty Gump."

Later

SudDawg

4. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Glad you made it back safely. I was in Afghanistan last year. I heard a rumor that most AFSCs are going to 6 month deployments. My wife is on the rampage. How is Offit? I was at Ellsworth for a few years. I am from about 2 hours north of Maxwell so this is home for me. We love it.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother have a safe trip home. Hope these 6 weeks go by quick for ya.

6. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Not quite back yet. In six weeks I will be. My AFSC is Security Forces so we've been on the 6 month rotations for a couple years.

SudDawg

7. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Appreciate it. June flew by, so hopefully July will do the same. Thanks again.

SudDawg

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Shane (short timer) you can almost stand on nickle to spit on a dime. Glad everything is going ok. BTW everyone was probably out celibrating the holiday. I was out catfishing ( read my post about the wrong rod). We got 35 big crappies, 15, 3/4 lb bluegill and 9 eater cats bigest was 3 1/2 lbs channel. It wasn't to bad considering we bank fished . Good luck and stay safe, Happy 4th.
    Leonard.

9. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    i just got back into town, nobody has posted what kind of baits have been working around these areas, platte or elkhorn river, try to let me know, goin out tommorow night, thanks yall.

jake

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    hey dude, let me know when u get back, we should go fishin!

11. suddawg

suddawg New Member

No fireworks over here in Kuwait, but we ate good :smile2: Had a couple "near beers" for ya'll. Hope everyone had a great 4th.

Yeah Wil, hopefully we can get some lines in after I get back. Later everyone.

SudDawg

12. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    Keep your head down man and get yourself back here!! I hope you're able to get out and fish a bunch when you're back. I don't get out on the rivers much. I live down and Omaha and I do go alot. If you ever need someone to go with, give me a shout, we'll figure something out!

:big_smile:

13. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Sounds great Steve. I do really need to get on the Omaha area lakes, I've only fished Wehrspann for the most part. Thanks again. 5 1/2 weeks and slowly counting :lol:

SudDawg