WHERE THE GRAND DUMPS INTO THE MISSOURI

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by J_MERROW, Jul 28, 2009.

1. J_MERROW

J_MERROW New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    ME AND A BUDDY ARE GOING TO BRUNSWICK WHERE THE GRAND DUMPS INTO THE MISSOURI, NEVER FISHED THAT PART OF THE RIVER BEFORE. CAN ANYONE GIVE US SOME POINTERS ON WHERE TO GO AND ANY CERTAIN BAITS TO BRING OR WHERE WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO NET SOME FRESH BAIT WHEN WE GET THERE. ANY AND ALL INFO WOULD BE HELPFULL. THANKS

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC James. Someone from that area should be along soon to help you out.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    James welcome to the BOC. Wishing you luck I am sure someone can help out in this area.

4. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You have a PM

5. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    welcome to the BOC.

6. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Welcome to the Boc.

7. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i fished behind that wing dike right there a couple of weeks ago, didnt have a lot of luck but neither did anybody else. i think the spawn had something to do with that. i would think u would have a good chance of catching some blues off of the end of that dike. quite a bit of current and some deep scour holes. i would take shad, gills, goldfish, bullhead, skipjack, or cut u some carp whatever is easier for u to get. have never had much luck catching shad around there though. good luck and let us know how u do.

8. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC James. You are talking about my fishing grounds man. What are you going after? flats, channels, blues? if you are after flats or channels I would go up the Grand. If you are after Blues go out on the Mo. Creek Chubs seem to work best for me. On the Grand fish the clay banks for eater cats. Fish the brush for flats. blues fish the current on dike tips. If you have any specific Questions give me a pm. I will try to answer.

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome aboard James. Lots of good info and some good laughs on this board. :smile2:

10. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am heading out on the Grand with a buddy of mine from Brookfield this weekend looking to find a big flathead. I will let you know if we do any good. Is the water still deep enough to get around upstream of Sumner with a boat?

11. J_MERROW

J_MERROW New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    THANKS LET ME KNOW HOW U DO WE ARE GOING NEXT WEEKEND SO ANY TIPS WILL HELP

12. J_MERROW

J_MERROW New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    THANKS

13. J_MERROW

J_MERROW New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    THANK YOU

14. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    We caught a lot of gar and turtles last night, trying again tonight. Also managed to catch 5 small flathead and a 5lb channel. We turned them all back. The river is real shallow and would be tough at best for an outboard. Anyone else have any luck?

15. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    We ended the weekend with 6 flathead and 4 channel, biggest channel about 6lbs and biggest flat around 14. It was tough fishing with the cold weather. We also caught 5 gar and 2 turtles, the cold didn't seem to bother them much. Last night we caught 3 channel in the evening and the 14lb flat right after dark, then nothing the rest of the night. I didn't figure the fishing would be great due to the weather, but I go anyway when I have the time.