where the blues at?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by johndeere nut, Oct 29, 2009.

1. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    im looking to catch some big blues this fall and winter i have been targeting 20-30 ft of water on ledges or in the channel and even a sand pit but havent caught anything but some small channels what gives what should i be looking for and where are the blues at right now i know they are in transition but i get on here and guys catch monsters on the same days i ge skunked or catch small channels. thanks for any info.

2. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Most of the the time I fish anchored atop 20 to 30 foot drops it's been working well use to drift alot but drifting seems to work better for me in the summer.Been catching blues eveytime out the last couple of weeks,hope things get even better alot of good fishing around my area.Hope this helps

3. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    theres not any deep water up here were i fish its between 25 - 30 everywhere i fish i look for stuff on my fish finder on the bottom of the river sharp drop off's if you can find something that drop's from say 25-29 just like bam real quick you'll catch fish most of the time thats how i caught that big fish last week in an area with alot of up and down :cool2: