where should the NASCAR hall of fame go?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by brad kilpatrick, Dec 6, 2005.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Hey all you roundy round car fans where do you think the NASCAR Hall should go? I live about ten minutes away from the Kansas Speedway and although not a racing fan I'm all for the HOF to be built here in KC. NASCAR fans travel well and I can only imagine the economic boon it will bring to the community that is awarded this shrine to this "sport". When the nextel cup comes to KC its just crazy out there. lots and lots of people spending lots of money. this race has helped revitalize My community along with the whole Village West development that is the speedways neighbor. Thanks NASCAR fans!!!! Lets put the HOF here in KC where it can be centraly located!!! What do you think?

2. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    KC is a great place to visit and is somewhat central to the USA but it will go to the hotbed of racing so people can visit the shops at the same time - of course it might go to the town that will pay like the Rock and Roll hall of fame went to Cleveland -
    Just like the National Gathering, you have it central to the largest fan base!

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would think that it would go in Daytona or somewhere in NC since thats where the main base is. Most if not all the drivers live in NC or have homes there and the "redneck" drivers are all from around that area.

P.S. Im not knocking on rednecks

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I think it should be in Daytona Beach or Charlotte,NC

5. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I think, due to the history of the sport, it belongs in Charolotte or Daytona Beach. But, since i also live 10 minutes from Kansas Speedway, I'd like to have it here.

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The racing capitol of the world INDY. There is every type of racing here! Ah I don't like indy car racing tho.
    Bill

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think it needs to go in Jeff Gordons hometown, after all he will be have the most awards in the hall of fame! :D

8. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

Should be located where most of the modern day WINNERS come from,
    INDIANA
    KIRK

9. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i beleive it will end up in daytona where the heart of nascar is....

10. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I think it should be placed somewhere nuetral so no one can have bragging rights. Place it in New Jersey

11. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    then nobody would go there they would be to scared...besides would jersey be able to handle a migration of rednecks in the winter...lol...

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hey I'm happy as long as it's not in Bristol! Y'all have it wherever you want. Just don't forget to put my one and only man of racing in it. Alan Kulwicki! Hope I spelled his name right.

He went down in that field years ago, just minutes from Bristol Motor Speedway. I have never watched a live race since then. I did tape Dale's tragedy for my son, as he was his racing man. May all those lost legends rest in peace. There are others that died tragically doing what they loved, seemed like there was a curse there for a while on the whole sport of racing.

:sad:

13. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    i would like it to go in at kacnsas speedway cause i live 9 mins away but since it mainly started in daytona and charlotte it should go there

14. catfishredneck

catfishredneck New Member

State:
    Timpson texas
    I think it should be put right next D.E.I. headquarters. that would make two great places to visit in just one trip. but thats my one sided suggestion.:p

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I think it should go on the grounds of Charlotte Motor Speedway mainly because the history of the track itself and most of the teams are based within a few miles of the facility.

Catfish, you got 2 good full days of shop hopping right in the vicinity of the speedway itself. DEI is about a 15 minute drive from the speedway.
    A must see is the RCR museum. If you are a Earnhardt fan that museum alone is worth the trip and the feelings of different emotions I experienced in there is undescribable. From the blown out tires after the burnouts at his victory in Indy to the still untouched Daytona winning car with the helmet , gloves, and cameras still mounted in it, to the glimpse of Dale's love of the outdoors in his impressive trophy room. Well both trophy rooms, one with animals and fish, the other his victory trophies. That museum has at any one time 65 cars in it and his last hauler. You are actually touring the old shop still left intact complete with the engine room and airhose fittings on the columns.

Chocolate Myers is the museum director and has done a wonderful job for the Earnhardt fans , and continuing his legacy.

Many of the other teams are housed right around the corner from the track at the Concorde airport.
    Free maps to the shops are available at the speedway gift shop.

16. phillip puryear

phillip puryear New Member

State:
    NC
    Although not a big fan of NASCAR MarkJ ,your right it ought to go in Lowes Motor Speedway. At the same time though, the way NASCAR is going to the money NC will probably lose that track within a few years because of tracks that can support more fans. Big fan of IHRA and NHRA.

17. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

What in GOD GREEN'S EARTH are you smoking?!?!?!?!?!?

I highly doubt they want his Pink Mary Kay Cadillac in the NASCAR HOF.:p