Where should I try fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by loki1982, Feb 25, 2006.

1. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    So Im in north Texas and we have been so low on rain this year. The last 2 nights we have been getting tremendous amounts of rain relativly speaking. The local lakes are rising quiet a bit, and sunday will be my only oppertunity to fish for a while. Ill have liver, some punch bait and probably some perch to use. Theres a fairly large creek comming into the lake which ive never had the chance to fish at but im thinking with all the rain this might be a good spot. Other options are a large flat in 20-25 foot of water with a 30foot channel which has produced good fish before. There is an old dam which partly collapsed that sometimes produces as well. One spot should be about 14 foot right now has a ton of old trees breaking the surface, these are heavy thick trees, not like christmas trees or any trees with small limbs. Water I think before the rain was around 54 degree. So any suggesitons where I might should target first.

2. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    You got that right on the large amounts of rain! We are getting it now also. If it breaks we are going to the Bottom of the Dam on the Red River this afternoon.

If I were you, I would hit structure close to the main channel or any current. If you can find where the drainage is leaving the lake and stay close to that you might find a flathead or two. They will be looking for the shad etc that are being washed out. Overall structure, structure, structure!