where should i go at buggs?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by luckyangler, Jul 11, 2009.

1. luckyangler

luckyangler New Member

State:
    Danville, Virginia
    Was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on where to fish for some decent size cats this time of year at buggs island?

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good Luck Nick. Welcome to the BOC. LOts of good stuff here! I fish the James so I can't help you.!

3. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Good place to start would be buffalo to goat island.welcom to the boc Nick.

4. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    I would recommend suspending bait off major points to 20' or keeping bait in 30' or less water. I would go alot farther down lake than goats island. Seems the big cats are moving around and scattered now. Teeners all over the place.

5. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i would recommend from mile 2 to the dam... caught a bunch of nice ones from 10-30 lbs off major points about 2 weeks ago.

6. starcraft72

starcraft72 Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome Nick! This is a great site. I've always had good luck at the New 58 Bridge about the 6th or 7th pillars. Anchor on the old bridge side and let your lines run about 10 yards on the boat side of the pillars. Use any kind of cutbait. Good Luck!!

7. quadman

quadman New Member

State:
    Danville, Virginia
    From junkman's curve up to goat island would be good right now. Drifting over the points would be a good bet. Check your finder to see where the are suspending and get your bait just above them.

8. catnbox69

catnbox69 New Member

State:
    burlington
    welcome to the boc try the 58 bridge & fish around the #19 bouy good fish always there i just fished there saturday & bagged 1 23lbs 8ozs, several others in the teens by the way use live crappie:big_smile: