Where should I be fishing at Roosevelt Lake?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Zonaman, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    I'm planning an over-nighter to Roosie on the 13th. Where on the lake should I be in right now for best cat results?

Thanks.

2. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    We stayed up all night by resovoir dam.........caught alot of carp...turtles...small cat fish. I can not wait to do some more catfishing in the future...but I think right now the weather is to hot. I might be wrong....what is the opinion????? I need to do like 3 more posts...so I can post my 7lb trout pic from Fool Hollow last week-end. That trout is the biggest in the State of Az so far this yr. Sandy

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I would fish the mouth of the salt river by schoolhouse point, or the south bank close to windy hill for flatheads. Besides that I would fish the northern coves past windy hill, set up in the middle to back of the larger coves with rock banks, and they are filled with channels.

4. shadesaz

shadesaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    I've had some luck fishing the north bank by the dam. Live gills on a bobber fished about 4-6 ft. down. Good luck and let us know how you do.