where r the big cats at in the dan river

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by eljones, Sep 10, 2008.

1. eljones

eljones New Member

State:
    va
    hey u guys im new ive been fishing in the river here in danville va by i still havent caught any huge fish can anyone tell me where they catch the big boys at in the dan

2. mr.whiskers83

mr.whiskers83 New Member

State:
    Charles City,Va
    I have been trying to find out the same thing but haven't much luck this year. I have heard of several people catching some big flats earlier in the year when they came up river to spawn but I think now the best bet will be in the Danville city limits between the dams. I had someone tell me they saw a guy fishing the middle of the day and caught a blue in the forties and and couple more prolly in the twenties. Hope this helps some, if I hear anything else i'll be sure to post.

3. cobysdad06

cobysdad06 New Member

State:
    Sutherlin VA.
    Been catching some nice ones in the mouth of the river. I think the big boys are heading out. Need to look for deeper water.

4. Skiff1980

Skiff1980 Member

State:
    VA
    Can you get in the river now Adam? Hadn't been in awhile.

Thanks

Robbie

5. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm watching you adam!!!

6. cobysdad06

cobysdad06 New Member

State:
    Sutherlin VA.
    We got in the river last week, didnt do much but a small blue and a small flatty at the glass house. maybe try monday night then go to the deeper water during the day. hey 1Bigblue, you cant see me !!!!

7. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Fished the dan b/w danville and south boston several times this year and skunked each time. I feel the dan was better in years past.

Wheelmobile07