where ol where is all the shad

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catman42, Jul 28, 2009.

1. catman42

catman42 New Member

State:
    missouri
    for the last month all i get is small minnow sized shad,everywhere.has anyone else had the same problem?I think the biggins are filling up on all the stupid little shad and thats why theyre not hittin much?:cool2::sad2:

2. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I HAD THE SAME DAMN PROBLEM:angry:
    I think Scotty took all the big ones:smile2:

3. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Try in the back of coves or about any creek,or throw on the little ones with a net with bigger mesh,there is a couple big shad under the small schools a lot of the time.O ya throwin a big net helps a bunch.Good luck!

4. catman42

catman42 New Member

State:
    missouri
    ive tried in colecamp creek and in turkey creek and did get a few you think the number of small shad have something to do with the bite or lack of

5. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    yep, i think he did, in three cast we filled the livewell with bigguns and had some on ice, SCOTTY is the SHADMASTER! We actually just saw some surfaceing in a cove and pulled up on them got lucky, but it was his flawless castin and my awesome drive'n that got them in the boat. Threw it right on top of em with a perfect spread everytime. Before long people are going to want him to start CRP'n them too!:big_smile:

6. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    <lol> I think Shadmaster needs to CPR everything and leave those big shad alone. <lol> Nothing should be kept over two inches. Also he should get a less awesomer driver:tounge_out: Now we see and know the real true secret to Scotty's success:wink:

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    get a big mesh throw net and you can go though the little ones and get to the bigums

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Yep, nothing worse than a net full of little shad. 5/8 mesh or larger works the best so the little ones go thru it. Also a 7-8 footer or larger will help a lot and let it sink to the bottom if there are no snags... Welcome to the BOC.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Christopher welcome to the BOC. Here in SE Ohio I have so many big shads I always wonder where the smaller ones are. Got tons of them here that's for sure.

10. catman42

catman42 New Member

State:
    missouri
    what water was you netting plenty of big ones

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    It's easy to throw them Earl. The hard part is getting them to open... :wink:
    Bring it along and we will give it a try. I usally use a 8 footer with 5/8" mesh and it works well for me.

12. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    I forgot to say welcome to the BOC:big_smile: My uncle throws his 20 like nothing at all. I tried, tried and tried, but it was to much for me to get opened perfectly. Off course the more you do it the better you will get. I generally stick to nothing over 6ft.

13. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Earl I come over up one evening and I ll show ya a easy way to throw the BIG nets.They have there place I just get tired of pickin all those big crappie out of em to get to the shad!!!:smile2::smile2:

14. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    You should be able to get em in the harbor after dark chris. Drake harbor. Try by the docks and out at the mouth of it. Usually this time of year you are gonna run into them little ones from this years hatch. After dark in the harbor 5 throws and you should be good to go.

15. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

CPR SHAD :crazy::eek:oooh::0a28:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
  16. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley