Where O' Where do I catch catfish in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Raypo, May 12, 2006.

1. Raypo

Raypo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I just moved to Oklahoma city from Ft Worth... I need a good reliable place that isnt to far to catch some cats. I lived in Oklahoma when I was a kid, but every place I fished as a kid is to far.... zny advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    In OKC, your SOL. Hefner, Overholser, Draper. Thunderbird and Arcadia are the major lakes, they have cats, but it is not really fantastic fishing. Appx 100 miles east is the Ark. River at Gore...good place also lake Eufala. About 100 miles NE is Keystone...another good place. 100 miles NEN is Kaw lake and the Ark River near Ponca City. 80 miles SW is Fort Cobb, fairly decent blues in the main lake. And you know, 100 - 125 miles South is Texhoma and the Red. There is enough in Central Oklahoma to get your line wet, but if your wanting LARGE fish, your talking one of the locations about 100 miles from the City. Forgot, about 50 mile North is Carl Blackwell, used to be a pretty good cat lake.

3. Raypo

Raypo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Its really hard to get motivated to go scout a new lake, especially if you have to drive. Its hard to drive a long way and get skunked

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    First off, WELCOME to the BOC Ray!!!!

I think you are gonna love it here. We have a lot of members in Oklahoma who can help you out and direct you to good locations to fish. I'm from the Tulsa/Owasso area so I don't know much about the places local to you.

HOWEVER,

The first weekend in June we are having a HUGE gathering of members from all over the U.S. at Lake Keystone. You can get more information for it from the following link.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12190

Keystone is about an hour and 30 mins, to an hour and 45 mins, *(depending on how you drive and if you stop)* from OKC.

Hope you get a chance to come to the gathering as you will get a to know members from around Oklahoma, and maybe find someone to fish with who knows your area.

Good luck, and once again, WELCOME!!!

5. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Arcadia Lake bro. It has some good cats in it. Hefner stinks. Overholser has some good flatheads. The north Canadian river under Hiawassee and Hefner roads are good for channels. Arcadia is great though. Good cover and structure for some good catfishing.

6. Shane_Falcon

Shane_Falcon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Me and Mtrimble have been going to arcadia for some time know and so far its been one of my favorite spots. It has a great dam with lots of fishing areas, Great site seein, and a good lake for boating.

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Welcome to the board Shane!!!