where is the best place to fish in indiana

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by jimmykemper, Jul 8, 2009.

1. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i might be comming that way and im lookin for the best place to get some cats

2. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    ohiio river-patoka lake-white river-wabash river

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    You runnin away from home Jimmy?:wink:...W

4. Indysfinest22

Indysfinest22 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Well my best advice is to head to monroe resevoir** everyone says it holds big big cats and lots of em, and if ur just lookin for good catch rates try turtle creek, i hear its loaded with channels and the other species, iv never fished em but i hear good things!! I hope this helps, i know if i was coming to indiana i would fish those two spots!! Also patoka isn't bad!!

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    My favorite place to ever fish in Indiana was a place called Lake Gibson on the Indiana and Illinios border. It was next to the Wabash River and only about 15 minutes east of Highway 41 and Princeton, IN.

You can catch anything and everything there including flatheads, all the channels you wanted, bluegills as big a saucer plates, wipers, yellow bass, LMB, SMB, buffs and the good ole carp.

6. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Brookville lake is an excellent lake for channels and some blues if you can find them and a few flathead. But if i were you I wwouldnt pass up the ohio river or wabash.