Where is the best place in the Scioto River to catch some Flathead Catfish??

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by fishin' addict, Sep 7, 2009.

1. fishin' addict

fishin' addict New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live in central Ohio and am looking for a good spot to catch some big flatheads. I tried near the Greenlawn Ave dam and have not had any luck with flatheads so far. Athough I have caught two channels and a gar. Any help would be much appreciated as I am looking to catch my first flathead. Thanks for any help.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Pretty good spot down by a little town called Yellow Bud. County line road from Kingston.

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    welcome to the BOC logan....bro just keep on trying they will come :wink:

4. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :crazy: :confused2: Nice first post. Welcome to the BOC!

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ask flathunter he loves to show all of his spots:smile2:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    do alot of walking and scouting, and you will find some spots..Most are off the beaten path...I dont know to many people who are gonna give up there spots.

7. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Finding your own spot is have the fun, when you do it will be much more rewarding!

8. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    If you really want to up your success rate get a boat and take a tour bro, you will find some honey holes...
    Fishing from the bank your only limited on how far you can cast..But from a boat you can cast for miles...:wink: Have fun and good luck

9. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    First off welcome...... you read things on here that will help you a lot in landing your first flathead. As for someone pinpointing a good spot to catch some decent fish "good luck". Put your time in scouting and trial and error like the rest of us and eventually you will get results. If you are bank fishing you need to get far off the beaten path that will be your best bet..... good luck man.

10. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Like the rest, I don't want to give up specific spots, but I will say that the farther south you go, the better the odds seem to be. Basically, start where you were and head south til you find them. Once you do, you will easily catch your first Flat and will be hooked for the rest of your life.

11. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    OUCH:big_smile:

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I might add that if you find the best spot on the scioto river for big flatheads, let me know....I have been looking for it for 30 years and still aint found it.

13. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Head south of Cbus.

14. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Everyone knows that the great flathead spots are at the Greenlawn dam and north! The farther north the better!:wink:

15. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Ya know, I know your being funny, but I did have a guy tell me about catching a Flat near the Emerald Pky. Just a couple of nights ago is when he told me. Although, he did state that it was only a 3-5lber. But, if there are 3lbers, there are a mom and dad somewhere. :big_smile:

If your not familiar, Emerald Pky is just a bit south of the Zoo. Just in case.:wink: