where is the best lake to fish in missouri?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by melstangman1967, Mar 27, 2008.

1. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    where does anyone think the best lake to fish and where u have had best luck?

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Truman is where Ive caught my biggest bluecat 81.44 pounds. The biggest blue in Mo. on record to date was also caught from there on the Osage arm before the dam was built. I know of a flathead caught and released there last year that will beat the state record. I expect to see some possible flathead and bluecat record caught in the near future from the reservoir. Lake of the Ozarks is my second pick.

3. Deeon

Deeon New Member

State:
    missouri
    how about best local kansas city lakes? truman is not an option unless i take a vacation since i work 80+ hours a week.

4. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I would have to say Truaman or LOZ.

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Best?

Thats like asking whats the best line,reel,bait,woman:eek:oooh:

Gotta narrow it down a little.

Whats the best car-think about it.

6. medic442

medic442 New Member

State:
    lonedell mo
    i like mark twain for crappie (distance) love truman for the bass, crappie (long drive), and the mississippi for cats. years ago we use to go to carlyle in illinois. use to catch the heck out of crappie behind the train tracks (keysport). seen some monster cats on trot lines over there.

seen one guy pulling a little red wagon in through the camp ground. it was full of cats. if i remember (been 15 plus years ago) the smallest was 15-20 lbs. said he caught them on a trot line and rubbed ivory soap on the staging for bait.

7. flatheadHunter84

flatheadHunter84 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There are a few good lakes in kc, it just depends on type of fish, if you have a boat and your method for catching them, also time of day, most lakes in Kc are waverunner parks so go early or go late. I also have better luck on diffrent lakes at diffrent times of year. For the best of everything I go to truman your bound to find something biting there and can use just about any method to catch them. Also it onlt takes a minute to jump from the lake fishing to fishing the dam. My best peice of advice is, if there is water fish it, you are bound to run to somthing hungry .

8. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    I dont know about best,I think Truman is excellent for cats-I like Mark twain and Wappapella for crappie-the ozarks are suppose to be good for bass-Montauk for trout.I also think the time of the year is important.:big_smile:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well now Mel I'd say that in our neck of the woods if your going after Flatheads it's Mark Twain Lake.If your after Blues Truman Lake and if Channels just about any place will do. Even a deep hole in a creek somewhere.Just go out and have FUN!!

10. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    The best lake?

Whichever lake I'm currently fishing.

I mostly go to Mark Twain because it's the closest!:big_smile:

11. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    In my experience with the water in southwest mo., Truman is the MOTHER of all the lakes in Missouri for catfish and most other species too!:tounge_out:

12. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    any one ever fish up there went there a few times wnet with group they were putting out lines got some big cat

13. poolman37

poolman37 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thomas hill is the best all around lake in my area...plenty of crappie, bass, channel cat, hybrids, flatheads and even spoonbill (if ya like the snaggin thang). A warm water channel that stays open all year, migrating birds such as pelicans, at certain times of the year and just far enough off the beaten path to detour the "fair weather fisherman"....lived in CO most of my adult life and the MO lakes put thier lakes to shame, hands down!

14. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    Thomas Hill, Crappie, Christmas Morning. Doesn't get much better than that.:wink: