Where is the best campground in NE Oklahoma?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by TDawgNOk, Jul 12, 2006.

Where is the best campground in NE Oklahoma?

1. Keystone - New Manford Ramp

2. Skiatook - Tall Chief Cove

3. Oolagah - Hawthorn

4. Grand -

5. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ok, what do you think?

If other, please list which one you think is the best!!

2. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like flint creek and omulgee lake keystone would be 3rd on my list

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Tony,

If you baseing this soley on campgrounds alone well Washington Cove at Copan has IMO the best in the state. I don't say this just because I fish Copan all the time...I've been to almost evey lake in Oklahoma and majority of the campgrounds. They have a total of 99 campsites. Full class A facilities multiple showered bathrooms that are kept up great. They have a very nice playground for the little kids, sand beach volleyball courts, baseball field. They are clean, well kept, security ect. The only thing lacking though is a quality beach for the kids. They can swim out there but the beach is at a day only area and it's not that great. Skiatook has the nicest swim beach bar none in Oklahoma.

4. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I have done alot of camping in my days. But IMO one of the best spots is Cherokee campground in Disney,OK. It sits just on the east end of pensacola dam. You can either fish the lake or go below the dam and fish the grand river or go over to little blue and fish it. Good campsites for both trailers and tents. showers and restrooms. A large boat ramp. what more could a guy want?

5. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I love okemah lake.lot's of little cat's but it is so nice...............

6. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Long's Resort at Grand Lake is my favorite get away spot. There are 2 cabins on the point. Either cabin has a beautiful view and both are close to the fishing dock. That is about as close to camping as I get.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Yellowstone Park Wyoming.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile2: :eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: :big_smile: :lol:

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

What part of Oklahoma is Wyoming in?

lol

9. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    I have to agree with Chris. I have been to Copan and stayed at Washington Cove. It's nice. I also stayed at the STate Park at Keystone, but they didn't have much in the way of things to do. Probably because of the season. It has bee awhile since I went to Copan, I need to get back up there! Grand is nice, but it has tirned into a commercialized snootville, no offense to any who live and love it there! We camped at a small lake, pretty close to Vinita, may have been south, and that place was gorgeous. It was a small ODWC lake. Small cats and bass but the facilities were great. I plan on trying all of them in the next few years!!!!!!!

10. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Hey Tony, Wyoming is just south of Denver, here in central Oklahoma!!!!!:big_smile:

11. dobbie

dobbie Member

Hey Brian what was the name of the lake south of Vinita?

12. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Kenny, I cannot remember, I am looking at my maps tonight and I will let you know. It was a nice small ODWC lake. There was my family and one other was it. Pretty too, had hilltops all around it.. I'll find the name and let you know.

13. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Kenny, I lied to you man, I'm sorry. I looked on the maps and it's not there! I have one other source of info to look in. It may have been Brushy Lake, but I think that was too far south. I'll look.