Where is that silly skipjack

Discussion in 'Skipjack Herring' started by o'boro cat hunter, Jul 27, 2008.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Having real problems finding that [catfish candy] willing to travel live in Owensboro,Ky any help would be great. Thanks alot and good luck cathing. Aaron

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't know what the skips are up too, but I have always caught mine at the steamplant in Cumberland city, TN. I am guessing it would be worth the drive, but I would ask the locals first. There are quite of few members of the BOC in that area

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    been finding any skipjack up that way arron?

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    we have been catching some small ones here... what are you guys doing up there?

5. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    Fished for them yesterday at the Green L&D , in the morning time on sabiki lures

6. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    Sorry about the repost but I messed up , we fished at Greenup L&D in greenup county ky. Sorry

7. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i fished for skips the last two days at ky. dam, the water is just over the top of the concret at the end of the steps. i stood in water both days out there and cleaned up on skips. the water is only about 6-7 inches deep so there is no problem fishing out there.

8. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We caught 355 yesterday fishing all day for them.

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im catching tons of skips in the mornings and right at before dark at markland dam. they are mainly the small ones but the big ones are starting to move in. you catch a big one ocassionally.

10. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i have never caught one, wish they had them where im located

11. FirefighterBull

FirefighterBull New Member

State:
    Charlotte Tennessee
    I live around the corner from Cheatham Dam on Cumberland i go up there at first light on the rocks and use a rig made of a couple of white curly tails and catch the fire out of em bigguns too thats the only spot on the bank i get em just gata go first light or else there will be a ton of people down there fishin