Where is God's Perfection?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    In Brooklyn, New York, Chush is a school that caters to learning children. Some children remain in Chush for their entire school career, while others can be mainstreamed into conventional schools.
    At a Chush fundraising dinner, the father of a Chush child Delivered a speech that would never be forgotten by all who attended.
    After extolling the school and its dedicated staff, he cried out, "Where is the perfection in my son Shaya? Everything God does is done with perfection. But my child cannot understand things as other children do.
    My child cannot remember facts and figures as other children do. Where is God's perfection?"
    The audience was shocked by the question, pained by the father's anguish and stilled by the piercing query. " I believe," the father answered, "that when God brings a child like this into the world, the perfection that he seeks is in the way people react to this child."
    He then told the following story about his son Shaya:
    One afternoon Shaya and his father walked past a park where some boys Shaya knew were playing baseball. Shaya asked, "Do you think they will let me play?"
    Shaya's father knew that his son was not at all athletic and that most boys would not want him on their team. But Shaya's father understood that if his son was chosen to play it would give him a comfortable sense of belonging.
    Shaya's father approached one of the boys in the field and asked if Shaya could play. The boy looked around for guidance from his teammates.
    Getting none, he took matters into his own hands and said "We are losing by six runs and the game is in the eighth inning. I guess he can be on our team and we'll try to put him up to bat in the ninth inning." Shaya's father was ecstatic as Shaya smiled broadly.
    Shaya was told to put on a glove and go out to play short center field.
    In the bottom of the eighth inning, Shaya's team scored a few runs but was still behind by three. In the bottom of the ninth inning, Shaya's team scored again and now with two outs and the bases loaded with the potential winning run on base, Shaya was scheduled to be up.
    Would the team actually let Shaya bat at this juncture and give away chance to win the game? Surprisingly, Shaya was given the bat.
    Everyone knew that it was all but impossible because Shaya didn't even know-how to hold the bat properly, let alone hit with it. However as Shaya stepped up to the plate, the pitcher moved a few steps to lob the ball in softly so Shaya should at least be able to make contact. The first pitch came in and Shaya swung clumsily and missed. One of Shaya's teammates came up to Shaya and together they held the bat and faced the pitcher waiting for the next pitch.
    The pitcher again took a few steps forward to toss the ball softly toward Shaya. As the pitch came in, Shaya and his teammate at the bat and together they hit a slow ground ball to the pitcher.
    The pitcher picked up the soft grounder and could easily have thrown the ball to the first baseman.
    Shaya would have been out and that would have ended the game.
    Instead, the pitcher took the ball and threw it on a high arc to right field, far beyond reach of the first baseman.
    Everyone started yelling, "Shaya, run to first. Run to first."
    Never in his life had Shaya run to first. He scampered down the baseline wide-eyed and startled. By the time he reached first base, the right fielder had the ball.
    He could have thrown the ball to the second baseman who would tag out Shaya, who was still running. But the right fielder understood what the pitcher's intentions were, so he threw the ball high and far over the third baseman's head. Everyone yelled, "Run to second, run to second."
    Shaya ran towards second base as the runners ahead of him deliriously circled the bases towards home. As Shaya reached second base, the opposing short stop
    ran to him, turned him in the direction of third base and shouted, "Run to third."
    As Shaya rounded third, the boys from both teams ran behind him screaming, "Shaya run home." Shaya ran home, stepped on home plate and all 18 boys lifted him on their shoulders and made him the hero, as he had just hit a "grand slam" and won the game for his team.
    "That day," said the father softly with tears now rolling down his face, "those 18 boys reached their level of God's perfection."

:look_down:

:cat:

2. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    If you can read that post without tears welling up in your eyes, your a tougher man than I am. Yes GODS perfection at it's finest...

3. Mid-MO fisherman

Mid-MO fisherman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    That is a truly touching story. I personally have 2 cousins with down- syndrome. It is very sad how cruel some immature kids can be, mostly because they are afraid of how to act. Nathan is 18 and cannot walk without braces on his legs and cannot speak at all. I hate to think of the rough time he gets at school. He now has a job. I'm not sure what exactly he does but he sure is proud of it. You wont find a happier person, no matter what is going on in the world around him. When he sees me, all he wants to do is come over and spend the night and play nintendo, something he hasnt done in probably 10 years. But he sure remembers it. People surely underestimate how smart these humans are. My other cousin, Danny, is about 37 or so. He is also a very happy and compassionate person. He is always happy to see his family members and old friends. I knew my wife was a keeper when I saw that she wasnt afraid to interact with my special needs family members. Nathan and Danny have both lived good lives with loving families. I agree that the special people around us are angels of sorts, to show God the perfection.

4. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's a GOOD story. I was told one with a similar meaning. I will share it for those that would like to read it. I would warn you that this story was told to me over 40 years ago and you will not find the language "politically corrected" and I have shall we say, "Translated" it a little bit here and there, but the syntax remains the same! After you have read this story, you may feel free to copy it and use it when, and wherever you want too. I have NO copyright over this story and I give it to you as freely as it was given to me.:smile2:
    Here goes
    There was once a boy named "Jimmy". Now Jimmy was not like all of the other kids because he was retarded. He required a lot of supervision in all that he did but was able to clean the school and church unsupervised.
    Now Jimmy worked at a Large Fancy Church. The members of this church were very "Well To Do", bought new cars every six months, had large expensive homes, wore the finest clothes, ate the finest foods, ect. And each Sunday always made large donations of money to the platter as it was passed around for after all, the accountants had said that donating to the church was a good tax shelter and tax deductible too!
    These "people", tolerated Jimmy because they felt it was their "Christan" duty to God! But they were never comfortable around him and Jimmy was never asked to join or even attend any of the church services!!
    Now this church, like all of it's material splendor, had a large historically accurate cross with a model of Jesus nailed to it with large spikes. During the week, while working in the church when no one else was around, Jimmy would kneel down in front of this cross, bow his head, and Pray in his own way; "Jesus this is Jimmy, Jesus this is Jimmy, Jesus, ... this is Jimmy". He would stay knelt for a little bit longer and then get up and resume his custodial duties.
    Throughout the years, day in and day out, Jimmy kept the church, and the school spotless! And, day in and day out, Jimmy put up with the mean rich children that would pick on him, say mean, nasty things to him, make deliberate messes in the cafeteria, and so on and so fourth, because after all, "he was retarded and everyone just knew that retarded people had no feelings!"
    Even when these things were done in front of the children's parents the adults would either look away uncomfortably or lightly admonish the child that "you should have Pity on those that are less fortunate", that being all that was ever said! But Jimmy endured, never raising his voice to child or adult, never speaking in anger, never raising a hand in anger, but quietly doing everything within his power to keep his beloved school and church clean!
    One day, Jimmy fell sick and had to be taken to the hospital. The news was grave and for all the abilities of medical science, Jimmy was not expected to live much longer.
    The rich, well to do, church members were standing in his room, very silent, for they were too embarrassed to say anything kind to Jimmy or dare show that they cared, which they did NOT! They were there because they felt sorry for Jimmy and felt it was their "duty" to be there and show pity for this poor retarded boy that was not much longer in this world!
    Shortly afterwards Jimmy started slipping fast. In his "delirium" as the rich, well to do people thought, Jimmy started praying in his own way as he had done for all those many years and decades.
    "Jesus this is Jimmy, Jesus this is Jimmy, Jesus this is Jimmy."
    The people stood quietly around his bed too embarrassed to say anything to anyone and just stood there in embarrassed silence!
    Suddenly they heard a very old and wise voice that caused them to tremble in awe say; "Jimmy this is Jesus, Jimmy this is Jesus, JIMMY, This Is JESUS ... ...
    [[[[[End of Story]]]]
    This story, is as clear to me today, as it was told to me all of those years ago. Learn from it. Remember it. Use it's lessons to better your own lives, and Please; feel free to pass it along, as it was passed along to me all those years ago.
    I hope this helps someone as it has helped me all these many years.
    "That Is All I Have To Say"
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of the Story, and the Post, But NOT The Lesson]]]]]

5. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Now you have done it:too_sad:

6. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Both stories are very powerful. & Unfortunately very true. Back when I worked on transport ambulsnces, I transported lots of kids with all kinds of disabilites, from CP to Downs and beyond. I always hated getting these transport assignments because at the time i felt to sorry for these kids. i later learned that i was just too soft hearted to handle them. I would always end up in tears when they would give me a kiss goodbye when I dropped them off. I learned that the kids with the greatest sense of humor were the kids were the kids with downs syndrome. They were also the most affectionate, no matter how afflicted they were with the disorder! They all became a bright spot in my day! And I would go home feeling pretty good & with a light heart cause I got a kiss on the cheek from the last patient I transported!

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Amazing, simply amazing. The Grace of God, and his wonders.

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    As my mind and body slowly slips away from me,the BOC is my team.You carry me right along with you every where you can.I see Gods perfection in you.That is why I am always asking you to look in the mirror.I want to share what I see in you,with you.I had a need and God sent you to me.You all are a part of the miracle that god sent me.Thanks.peewee-williams

9. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke

I agree with ya bud. We need to be like these boys and show others that GOD loves them As much as he loves us .John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    This how the song goes about JESUS THIS IS JIMMY

This is a story about alittle boy who's mom passed away and his dad runned away and jimmy delived papers to try to make a living. One night Jimmy was walking by a little mission church one night and he heard preacher in there preahering and he was telling about JESUS. Jimmy said i belive ill go in why if JESUS is in there ill give him one of my papers and he went in and sit down about half ways of the builting. When the alter call was made he was the first one there and he knelt down at the alter and said JESUS THIS IS JIMMY, JESUSTHIS IS JIMMY and he did this for about three nights in a roll. SO some of the commtied got together and called that pastor over and said the little boy can stay boy this little prayer the boy says as to go. So the pastor calls the little boy over to him and say son i want to talk to you about this prayer you sayand Jimmy looked up with a puzzle look in his eye and a tear twinkled down on his cheek. He said preaher i dont know how to prayer and he made JESUS sound so Good that i wanted him to know who i wasand ill i knowed to say was JESUS THIS IS JIMMY. So the little boy hung his head down went back and sit down but when servises was ended that night. He was the first to get up to leave. Just has he stepped out the door there was a dull thud and when they went out to see what was wrong there layed little Jimmy covered all in blood. They garthered his little body up and rushed it to the hosiptal. And when they got him there the doctor looked at him and shock his head he said its impossible for the little fellow to live about ever bone in his body is chrushed. The pastor looked down and seen the little boys lipps begin to move and he knelt down to see what he was saying and he was saying JESUS THIS IS JIMMY and just has the last breathe left that little boy and he left this world for a better one well that whole room got still as a great voice filled that room and it said JIMMY THIS IS JESUS

This show Jesus hears our small prayer just as same as the big prayers.